Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Anyone hunting near Casper this weekend?

Will be in area 32 second weekend of rifle season. Dont expect anyone to give out any hot spots but if anyone has any pointers or tips, I would really appreciate it. Driving up from TX to meet my pops from Western NE (where I was born and raised). We have hunted that area before 10+ years ago and struggled with finding government land.

Thanks \m/

Will be in area 32 second weekend of rifle season. Dont expect anyone to give out any hot spots but if anyone has any pointers or tips, I would really appreciate it. Driving up from TX to meet my pops from Western NE (where I was born and raised). We have hunted that area before 10+ years ago and struggled with finding government land.

Thanks \m/
No offence, but Ray Charles could find public land in 32. Look at the map on the Wyoming hunt planner

I’m willing to bet his yard looked more like mine a few hours before he took the pic

This was my yard in Casper Tuesday morning. Lotta sticks to pick up...
View attachment 153539
I'm sure it did that photo was taken yesterday afternoon. He said they got around 8 inches. Hopefully the roads will have a chance to dry off some before next week.

Also pretty sure his yard is back to being brown. Warmed up after Monday, continues to warm to the 70s for the weekend.

Avoid Casper Good Cooking on Popular street near I-25 unless you are a cigarette smoker or just really like to smell cigarette smoke.

I stayed in an Airbnb a few years ago in Casper when I hunted 21. The diversity of the landscape with an hour drive of that place is unbelieveable. Flat plains, steep canyons, some red rock up by the middle fork of the powder river north of Casper, etc. I'm not sure how living there year round is, but I enjoyed it quite a bit for the week or so I was there in October. Hopefully will be back in the future.

I have a buck and two doe tags this year. When is the peak rut for antelope on the east side of WY?

Making the trip up to Casper to chase speedy animals around with a bow. Anyone else gonna be up that way? I'll buy the first round.
How did you do? Assuming that the hunt is done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back