Anyone else excited for antelope tomorrow?

Chucknduck

My rifle opens tomorrow and I'm pumped. Only had archery tags for the last 5 years. Got a few nice ones picked. Best of all my 7 year old is tagging along

Good luck! Hope you can avoid some of the chaos that I have found with the antelope rifle opener. Have fun and be safe!

It's 92 here. First big game animal for my girlfriend. She won the big buck of the household this year.

After many failed stalks and a miss on one buck my boy joined us after his football game. Not a hour later we had a decent buck down and he was right there with me. Just needed my good luck charm. Was a hot and windy day but made some good memories. I'll post a pic once my buddy sends them to me. Headed out in the am to see if my buddy can get one

Connected on my first Antelope opening day. Put this group to bed and the group had a real nice buck that was real wide running with them along with 3 other young bucks. Got on them in the morning and found the biggest buck in the group. I was never able to get a head on look to confirm it was the big one from the night before, but since he was the biggest of the group it had to be him. Got up to him and then realized we had shot the wrong buck. Looked at the group again and the big guy was nowhere to be found. I felt a little disappointment but considering it was my first antelope I was still happy with him.

Last edited:
Schaaf, don't be disappointed! You learned a great lesson, got your first and killed a better buck than a large majority of most of the bucks I've seen guys kill in Montana. Get the big boy next year!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back