Anyone chase coyotes with snowmobiles?

I grew up chasing dogs with sleds, we had several over a doz days on the Arco desert, never gave it a second thought as to being ethical or not, it was just the way things were done, man have I seen some wrecks, sleds, fur, guns and snow rolled up in one ball.. h2m

that sounds like we do it here in northern maine !

bearbait
wink.gif

Wish it were legal here. It’s not legal here but gets done a lot especially in southern Sask where there is lots of coyotes and it’s flat

I seen this on another forum and thought it was interesting. Evidently it's a pretty common thing in Wyoming to run down coyotes with snowmobiles.....maybe it's one of those extreme sports I've been hearing so much about. I copy and pasted the original post below. I also invited Coyote Buster to come to huntalk and tell us how it's done.
wink.gif

HEY, GUYS JUST WONDERING IF THERE WAS ANY OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT CHASE COYOTES WITH SNOWMOBILES ITS GREAT FUN AND CAN BE VERY PRODUCTIVE OUR BEST DAY IS 19.

--------------------
coyote buster
Not in Mississippi

Try that in Minnesota and the law will take your snowmobile and you will get a hefty fine. Coyote is considered a non game animal and no closed season but running them or chasing them with a snowmobile will get you in serious trouble.

Back