Anyone been to El Paso?

I didn't peg you for a Marty Robbins fan, Moosie.

HA! neither did I.That kinda caught me off guard.

Spitz Paso sucks.I hate to say it but it does. And there are so many murders everyday across the line they dont reccomend going over for a look-see.Its changed since Ive been there ALOT! and the traffic is freaking crazy,I aint no city boy and dont know about where your from but dayum.

If your gonna do any hunt'n its not bad down there.Just south of town on I-10 the last time I drove thru I spotted a couple of wet back in one draw and a coyote in the next then about 3-4 more draws later where about 12 Wetback catchers sip'n coffee.....go figure Good Luck on your stay.

Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
I fell in love with a Mexican girl.
Night-time would find me in Rosa's cantina;
Music would play and Felina would whirl.

Blacker than night were the eyes of Felina,
Wicked and evil while casting a spell.
My love was deep for this Mexican maiden;
I was in love but in vain, I could tell.

From out of nowhere Felina has found me,
Kissing my cheek as she kneels by my side.
Cradled by two loving arms that I'll die for,
One little kiss and Felina, good-bye.

haha That is my ring tone on my cell phone. :D:D:D

Its only 300 miles to Terlingua in the next county where they have the Terlingua chili cookoff at the end of Oct.

The national park there Big Bend, has a mountain range inside of it and its surrounded by desert. At the basin campground in the mountains you can see the whitetail and javelina roaming around undisturbed.

You're close to the New Mexico national forest public hunting areas. Pretty much desert land just driving through El Paso. You'll need your drivers liscense and birth certificate and/or a passport to get back from Mexico now, even if you just walk accross to do some shopping or eating.

This is from Feb. 2008, apparently only Honolulu is a safer city for one the size of El Paso.
EL PASO, Texas -- El Paso has seen a drop in crime over the last year, making it the second safest city of its size. According to statistics, crime in El Paso has gone down nearly 2 percent since last year this time, but El Paso police say their work is not over.

Richard Comadoran lived in Los Angeles before moving to El Paso 10 years ago. He said, "Some guy tried to break into the apartment while I was still there, so I looked out the peep hole and two guys were trying to break in. I never had that happen to me here."

That does not come as a surprise to El Paso police. Saturday they announced crime statistics. They said overall crime in El Paso is down.

"El Paso experienced a 2.3 percent decrease in total crime now if you pull out an index crime then that number jumps a little higher," said Darrel Petry of the El Paso Police Department.

Motor vehicle theft is down by just over 14 percent. Robbery is down by about 6 percent, and sex assaults are down by nearly 15 percent.

While overall crime is down, some categories saw an increase. There were four more homicides in 2007. Assaults numbers were up as well.

The police department said the numbers are encouraging but there work is not over.

"Yeah I think we'd like to be the No. 1 slot, and not just get it but get it and hang on to it," Petry said.

Honolulu, Hawaii,was ranked the safest city and Detroit, Mich., was ranked the worst.

A lady at work here grew up in El Paso and visits her relatives there all the time. She said the locals do not even go to Mexico anymore as there are too many shootings there, even not safe if you go in a group. That's pretty bad. I went accross the border to Piedras Negras last weekend, but we came right back. My girlfriend got some dental work at about 20% the cost in the US.

Also, the lady at work here said to live on the west side of El Paso, that its nicer, closer the mountains, and generally a better part of town.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back