Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Anybody tried "Drunken Chicken?"

dgibson

I had heard from a few people that shoving a can of beer into the body cavity of a chicken and then slowly grilling it in an upright position was quite tasty, so I determined to try it. Ye Olde Ladye wouldn't let me do the beer because neither she nor the kids like it ;) so I stuck a soda can filled with orange juice inside instead. It was plenty juicy and all, but there was no orange flavor, so I was left wondering what the point was. :confused:

Has anyone else given this method a whirl?
chicken.gif
chicken.gif
chicken.gif

Never have and never will.
I would think that having some metal in cooking food would do more bad than good.

Isnt" Drunken Chicken" a Jackie Chan movie?

(I did have a good reply to this but if I typed it I would then have to move it to the adult forum
hump.gif
)

I did have a good reply to this but if I typed it I would then have to move it to the adult forum
Ha ha...naw, that's sheep, not chickens. Chickens tend to get stuck (or so I hear :D ).

I think the point of it is to keep it moist?
But dang ,how did anyone come up with that.
Hey everybody watch this!!!
Ya all want ta come over to our house and eat ?grandpa is a gonna shove a can of beer up a chickens butt and -------- :eek: :eek:

Here's a pic of a commercial version from Cabela's...you don't have to have the little stand, but it helps to not spill beer on the fire. :eek:

i515356hz01.jpg

When April told me she wanted to try this I thought she was hitting the bars again,
I dont drink beer and neither does april, I cant stand the taste of beer for that matter.

we tried it last year or the year before and it was fantastic, you couldnt even taste the beer.

Delw

I LOVE drunken chicken. You can get the can holder/chicken stands at "The Walmart". The chicken comes out AWESOME!

A good tip is to make extra holes in the top of the beer cans and add herbs to the beer. Also get rid of about 1/3 of the beer at least or it can bubble over. I know a good way to do that. ;)

The devise looks vaguely like this

RedoneAfter.jpg

I do have a recipe for "Drunken Brownies." Use your favorite brownie recipe or mix. Intentionally overbake it 10 minutes so they are somewhat dried out. Then pour one cupful of Wild Turkey over the brownies and let sit in the fridge overnight. Wowza! Datsa some brownie!

-RW-

We usually cook two chickens at a time by this method on a Brickman smoker, put the chickens on the top rack with a slab of ribs on the bottom. We also put some Liquid Smoke into the Emema Can!
Nut, the metal does'nt have any harmful effects..............what was I talking about???? :D

This past 4th of July I BBQ'd 3 Drunken Chickens and they all came out fantastic.I normally drink the first half of the beer then add a few sprigs of fresh Rosemary from the garden to the can then place the chicken on the can.I pepper and onion powder the inside and out of the chicken I genrally cook them for 1 hr and 10 mins on low.They come out wonderful and moist.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back