Caribou Gear Tarp

Anybody in Boise or SW Idaho want to make some money and help a fellow hunter?

IdahoPotato

I got my side by side stuck in deep on a hunt and I'm out of options to get it out. It's down by the Nevada border....anybody free tomorrow to run down for a few hundred bucks? I can also show you some cool elk country and some info for how to access some private spots in Southern Idaho. Thanks.

Thank you. I really appreciate the type of person that reaches out when people get stuck in a situation and have to ask others for help. It's not easy to ask for help.

I ran into one person on my hike back to my truck. He was hunting with his two teenage boys on ATVs. I told him my situation and that I had another 4-5 mile hike back through the canyons to my truck, had already hiked 4-5 miles. He didn't even offer a ride - just wanted to know if I had seen any elk. Those kids heard the whole thing - he could have showed them an example of how to treat people in a bind but I guess killing an elk is a better use of a Saturday afternoon.

Really appreciate all the offers for help, thanks guys. Choc dogs has generously offered to bring in his SxS and get me out.

I'll post some cool pictures when I get back. My hike back to the truck took me through some country with no roads that a lot of people probably don't get into on foot very often.

Choc Dogs is a solid dude, thanks a ton. Thanks everybody who reached out, there's a good group of guys on here. Hopefully I can return the favor some day.

Pics below. Had a 10 ish mile hike back to my truck after I got stuck Saturday. Made the choice to take a direct shot across the desert rather than hike the roads back. Elevation gain through the canyons was the kicker. Had a good haul down and up Sheep Creek canyon, with a chest-deep wade across the pic with the water and ice. Happy to be home.

20191110_110028.jpg20191109_134848.jpg20191109_134538.jpg20191109_143044.jpg

This is also a great example of how a fun trip on a sunny day can turn in to a survival situation in an instant. Happily you were physically capable to get out and get help. I had a similar situation where I buried a snowmobile 13 miles in. Long walk and some good fortune with two guys who helped dig me out. Be careful, simple things can turn into life altering events.

Thank you. I really appreciate the type of person that reaches out when people get stuck in a situation and have to ask others for help. It's not easy to ask for help.

I ran into one person on my hike back to my truck. He was hunting with his two teenage boys on ATVs. I told him my situation and that I had another 4-5 mile hike back through the canyons to my truck, had already hiked 4-5 miles. He didn't even offer a ride - just wanted to know if I had seen any elk. Those kids heard the whole thing - he could have showed them an example of how to treat people in a bind but I guess killing an elk is a better use of a Saturday afternoon.
What a jerk off. I have been in that exact circumstance, except that I was not stuck-just had a long walk. People drive by and not even ask to help.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back