Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Anybody else feeling there age?

Ah yes, no CWD back in my days of horse packing. Guess I would have been more inclined to bone out in the field if it had been known. I never hauled out an elk head, just the skull caps. Lord, those were enough pain in the arse.

Turned 79 last week and still hunt, would go back out West again if I had anyone to go with but few will commit and follow through on such a venture so I'll just have to be satisfied with memories of years gone by.
I'm your huckleberry! Have dogs and travel west every year :cool:
I'll pick ya up on my way out (y)

Yup, I'm definitely getting old. I went for my early morning walk along the paved bike path that runs the length of the valley. I noticed something different on the edge of the path and when I got close, I realized it was witnessing the second largest pile of bear crap I have ever seen. I was really impressed. A little farther along I noticed a woman walking towards me carrying something. As she got closer, I realized that she just happened to be one of the most beautiful young women I have seen in a long while. Very petite, in her 20s, appearing to be of mixed race, with a killer body and an absolutely gorgeous face. She was wearing as little amount of clothing as possible to still be socially acceptable while trying to stay cool, on what was a very hot and muggy morning. She had a fantastic smile as we both said hello in passing and what she was carrying turned out to be a small dog. I guess his legs were tired or something.

Later on, a friend stopped by the house for a bit of a visit. I saw him just yesterday, so I didn't really have much of anything new to tell him, but the first thing that did come to mind was "I saw the second biggest pile of bear crap I have ever seen, this morning." Then it hit me, oh my god, bear poop was my first memory from this morning, not the girl! When did I get so damn old?

Then again, it was a really impressive pile.

That is crazy strong. I'd like to think that I would have declined any chance to wrestle you.

Presently, I'd speculate that a max squat would be somewhere either side of 350. I use a trap bar to deadlift. I pulled a 400 single a year or so ago. My bench is nothing too special. Generally I do sets of 7 with 195.

Another thing lifting has done is its helped with losing a decent amount of body fat.

I was 6’6” 275 at the time with fairly low body fat. I was on a strict diet and mashing creating and brotein.

That’s dang strong man. I’m terrified to even ponder squatting at the moment… as I prepare to head to my post-op surgery for a fairly extensive meniscus repair.

I was 6’6” 275 at the time with fairly low body fat. I was on a strict diet and mashing creating and brotein.

That’s dang strong man. I’m terrified to even ponder squatting at the moment… as I prepare to head to my post-op surgery for a fairly extensive meniscus repair.
I'm afraid to ask someone that strong what brotein is....

daily shoulder pain and a loose knee and hip pain that comes and goes just the cost of being a tuff guy. So glad I dropped that by 40. I all honesty I feel a young 52 just have some worn out joints.

I’m just surprised the incorrect *their* hasn’t been pointed out in the thread title…. You all are slipping cognitively too!

*edit to point out i didn’t catch the autocorrect on the word “slipping”. I guess I’m right in there with you all on the cognitive part.
I did,#37. When I was THERE.....I'm 67 and I caught it. Wrong phrase at this age?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back