Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Sold HD and WMT this afternoon for some moderate losses. Bought those back last November at what seems to have been the peak at least for a while.

Still looking to sell MSFT and AMZN sometime before the end of the year but those are still hurting a bit more than HD and WMT were. At least sold about half of what I needed to so whether things go up or down I won't be kicking myself quite as bad.

Both of those paid a few dividends so not as bad of losses as it looks but I'm still sitting on a big tax bill for my IPI sale a few months back.

EDIT - Went back and checked and I guess I bought WMT back in September of 2020, by the time I add in my dividends received during that holding period I think I broke about even on it.

We going another leg lower, CPI data was BAAAAAAAD.

Tough times ahead boys and girls.

75 or 100 basis point raise by the Fed this round?
I have no idea, but they'll make sure that the market knows the exact amount before they meet next Tuesday. If the FED has the cahones to raise rates by a percentage point then the market is really going to start hurting. There is no winning at this point, it is either going to be a bad recession or bad inflation. I'm not sure which one they'll choose.

$18-$24hr to work Target as a start employee is bold lettered Inflation.
States addressing higher min wage...

When viewed <insert example: 1980>, inflation is on par. Fuel to wages. Look forward to my salary catching a bump though fed employees (aside from SES) are typically last to match pay with relevant public sector responsibilities.

The Feds have been rattling it’s swords recently. If they are as serious as they say on fighting inflation, 100 has to be on the table.

As someone who is pretty ignorant, but is fascinated by economics and what folks think about what is currently going on, the musings of this Corner of The Internet Dedicate to DIY Hunting has been appreciated by me. I'll actually see what the stock market is doing and refresh Hunt Talk to see what the Money People have to say.

Whether or not predictions come to fruition, due to the seemingly informed takes of this thread, I do feel like this thread is one I have learned some things from. 130,000+ views. Holy smokes.

As someone who is pretty ignorant, but is fascinated by economics and what folks think about what is currently going on, the musings of this Corner of The Internet Dedicate to DIY Hunting has been appreciated by me. I'll actually see what the stock market is doing and refresh Hunt Talk to see what the Money People have to say.

Whether or not predictions come to fruition, due to the seemingly informed takes of this thread, I do feel like this thread is one I have learned some things from. 130,000+ views. Holy smokes.
The best thing about economic predictions is the ability to start the prediction with assumptions to use as to the reason your prediction was wrong later.

The best thing about economic predictions is the ability to start the prediction with assumptions to use as to the reason your prediction is was wrong later.
One of my daily reads is Marginal Revolution - a blog run by the economist Tyler Cowen. He also has a great podcast.
I'm totally a spectator to the world of economics, but one thing that is clear is that the heavy hitters often disagree and are often wrong, and things are very complicated.One of the neat things about it is when it comes to the financial stuff, folks beliefs must pay rent. They literally are correlated with making or losing money -skin in the game.

The popular stock commentators *rarely brag about their losses. 🙄

I recall when Cramer had his on air meltdown... Yet, he's still as popular as ever. I suppose you f up enough, it might kick you off your soapbox though, for those I've listened/watched... Their soapboxes are solid gold plated.

mad-money.gif

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back