Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Anybody buy there MT tags yet?

So...a new one for me...my family and I applied for A LOT of things in the draws. EVERY single one of our "My FWP" accnts reflects that we did not apply for any drawings for 2020. I went to FWP office and they say we're in there BUT its still annoying that our My FWP accnt wouldn't reflect it.

Thanks for the heads up on the OHV pass!

I went into the Montana FWP office in Kalispell and was finished in 20 minutes for me and my boy. The office personnel were very helpful and I applied/purchased the sportsman combo with bear. Seems like a great system.

Hell why not? There are people out there right now printing a second license for their buddy anyhow. I cant beleive they are letting people print their tags from a home computer.

Hell why not? There are people out there right now printing a second license for their buddy anyhow. I cant beleive they are letting people print their tags from a home computer.

The link is only good for a one time print. I tried photo copying my tag after printing and the watermark is blurred. Maybe guys can tweak their photo copiers but they probably aren't the most up standing hunters to begin with.

Anyone could and will EASILY duplicate the tag. Know that. You will hear about it this season I am sure and next year they will be going back to the old style.

Anyone could and will EASILY duplicate the tag. Know that. You will hear about it this season I am sure and next year they will be going back to the old style.

Like I said guys that would do that probably are already a bit shady. I don't think there is any going back, in fact they are going forward in a few years to a total new system.

Sure would tell a lot about a person if they're duplicating tags for themselves and friends. I bought mine last week and seemed to go fairly smooth for the most part. I cut up and placed in small ziploc along with a couple extra ziplocs for if and when the tags are validated.

Bring on 2020 season baby were ready to get out in the hills and away from the screens!

Don’t wait until the last minute to purchase your tags and apply for permits. FWP is experiencing some issues, as is often the case when big changes are made. Your receipt will tell you what you applied for and purchased.
Having said that, I do believe FWP could have gone a better direction with this, there are exactly 49 other game and fish departments they could have consulted with, I think reinventing the wheel was not necessary.

Went to the Missoula FW&P office yesterday. The process went ok you just had to wait outside and fill out the paper work. Then a FW&P person did the running inside and got my stuff processed.
I bought the sportsman's package w/o bear. Then bought my bear tag separately. As a person over 62 it is cheaper to go this way than going with sportsman with bear. Doesn't make sense why this is so but it is. The tags and sportsman license seemed to be a better paper than what I have at home, so hopefully they hold up in a zip lock bag placed in my wallet.

I’ve been following this thread from the start. Applied yesterday afternoon. Sportsman with bear. Received the prompt; email to follow which didn’t. After a couple hours I called FW&P and they said they would print and mail. About an hour later in came the email which had apparently been disabled with my call?
Received a follow up call from them this morning that Helena office would be mailing them out. She said it has been a chronic problem that is still occurring. I’m not too concerned as I was able to print out what I had applied for and the receipt.

Why does it always have to be confusing. The $ shown for deer and elk permits do not match what is shown in this year's regs? I should have an application cost of $5 deer, $9 elk and $10 moose. It only shows $4 for elk? And then there is a line item for "Application Fee" for $20 at the bottom, which would make sense if that plus the $4 shown for elk totals the $24 I should have for application fees? Anybody else see something like this? I feel like I forgot to check a box somewhere and my whole application will end up being invalid or thrown out somehow. I went back and checked it twice, but still nervous to hit submit.

1584809416138.png

I am going to wait until the last day. Job situation needs to be evaluated then.

I agree they itemize it horribly. The application fee is 10 dollars for moose, and 5 each for deer and elk.

Are you in the penalty box for goat and sheep?

The 2020 regs show $9 for elk permit - drawing only? Unless $5 is just for the application and the other $4???
1584810237086.png

I figured showing my application without sheep & goat would get some questions. I don't know what it is, they just don't interest me like a moose hunt does.

*Edited to add I can't believe I just admitted on Hunt Talk that as a Montana resident I don't apply for a Sheep tag.

Last edited:
With so many CV19 clinical trials underway, that are utilizing existing approved therapies for other indications, I would say that shorts are taking a huge risk now.

Any positive clinical data read outs and we will be off to the races. Let’s see what happens....

Soooo.......are we no longer printing our tags at home? I just purchased my sportsman package with bear and didn't get a link to print tags. There is just a message at the bottom that they will be mailed to me. Anybody else get this? Is this fwp changing things around so people can print multiple copies at home? I waited so long to buy hoping the bugs would be worked out of the system, but it seems that things changed again.

Screenshot_20200328-180314_Drive.jpg

I had the same thing with the Sportsman's with bear. Spent 25 minutes on hold to find out there's a problem with the bear tags and they will send them next week. I mentioned that that information would have been a nice little nugget to include in the letter that accompanied the tags....

Here's what I posted on March 10. Still no bear tag. Starting to get worried. Has anyone who purchased early had one mailed to them? I got all the rest on about March 7, but not bear. Hoping not to have to wait for a long time on hold to get incorrect info again.

Thanks,

Jim

Here's what I posted on March 10. Still no bear tag. Starting to get worried. Has anyone who purchased early had one mailed to them? I got all the rest on about March 7, but not bear. Hoping not to have to wait for a long time on hold to get incorrect info again.

Thanks,

Jim
I had to go in to get mine. It was supposed to be mailed out, but I got impatient after a couple weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back