Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Any Montana antelope down?

mtmuley

I'm sitting here this morning feeling sorry for myself. No tag for the first time in 13 years. I'd like to see some successful hunters. Think I'm gonna go grouse hunting. mtmuley

I am pouting also. I don't have a tag. This is only the 2nd time in 34 years that I haven't drawn a MT antelope tag!!!

i will be 3rd in line without a tag,,, gonna take the family phesant hunting with all the rest of the guys that didnt get a tag, looks to be lots of em,,,, good luck everyone

3rd year in a row with no tag for me, also. Walleyes are going to take it on the chin as a result.

My brother put one down this morning at sunrise. I'm sure he will get picks up when he makes it back to civilization.

Don't get your hopes up. I didn't draw a buck permit, but pulled a doe. We decided to make it a hunt and packed into an area.

GuNR looking for speed goats.

Here is our doe. I don't remember putting my gun in field shots, but this was the new one's first harvest. There were 24 pronghorn in this group. I made GuNR stay and I belly crawled the last twenty yards. They had no idea I was there I had about 5 minutes to find the one I wanted. GuNR impressed me by staying back at my pack and not rushing up to me, even after the shot. Dropped in her tracks at 329 yards. I was surprised, the herd had no idea what had happened and just grouped up trying to figure out what happened. After a few minutes they walked away from the area sans one.

Back at the tent. Only 1.5 miles back to the pick-up, but how am I going to get camp in there with the lope?:D

OK

Thanks mtmiller. I'm feeling less sorry for myself. Even though I stayed home and did honey-do's instead of grouse hunting. Great pictures. mtmuley

Great pictures mtmiller!!! First year i'm thankful I didn't draw an antelope tag, much pressing matters to attend to! Looking forward to more speed goat pictures!

Very nice! Cool country to pack into, especially for a pronghorn.

Like the new bang stick! What scope is that?

Very nice! Cool country to pack into, especially for a pronghorn.

Like the new bang stick! What scope is that?

Tyler, I do like the new gun. A little front heavy from what I was used to, but no biggy. Scope is a Zeiss Z800.

Thanks for the info. Those 2 7WSMs are a perfect compliment to each other, IMO, and will cover any big game hunting I'd imagine you doing. Well thought out, which from you, surprises me a bit... ;) :D ;)

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back