Caribou Gear Tarp

Any Harry Potter fans out there????????

wilecoyote76

I just stood in line for an hour at Wally World to get my wife a copy of the latest Harry Potter book - Harry Potter and the half-blood prince. I was fortunate to get in the front of the line but I think there were close to 300 people standing in line to get their copy.

My bet is that she has the 650+ pages read by Tuesday of next week. I also forsee the kids eating every single box of cereal, no bags of chips left in the pantry, and I even lay odds that the kids eat the hot dogs raw.......right from the friggin' package!

Are there any others out there that have the same obsession about Harry Potter as my wife? Me, I could give a chit less about Harry Potter but at least I'm a nice guy for standing in line at midnight to get her a copy! I told her she owes me big time! hump hump

Then she will reread it a few times so probally in about 2-3 weeks you will probally be getting some(the pay back part).. ;)

Thats just crazy.

Delw

LOL.... The series seems to be pretty good, and I'll go watch it when it comes out, but I sure won't lose any sleep or free time until it does.. ;)

and I think Dels right... :D

My wife and daughter stood in line for a couple hours last nite. She came crawling into bed at 1:30 this morning and I asked if she got her book.(it was on reserve whatever that means). She said she didn't and wasn't even mad. :confused: She said she'd pick it up today.
She reads them and has them on tapes and listens to them in the kitchen and on trips.(not when I'm in the car.) One day last week I came home and she was all exicited. Not to see me but she got a call from so and so, some guy I didn't know. I asked her who the hell he was and here it was the guy who is narrates the Harry Potter tapes. He told her to be at the store to pick up her book between certian hours for something special. She said he talked just like he does on the tapes and her heart was all aflutter. I told her it was a recorded message for all you suckers for cripes sakes!

It's the devil's work. :D :D

My wife's a fan...she "preordered" hers from Amazon. That's bloody fine with me, because there are few things on this earth that make me want to stand in line for hours, and Harry Potter sure isn't one of them. ;) I read the first one just to see what all the hubbub was about, got my fill, and haven't been back since. Good stuff for the kids, though. Not THAT good, but better than TV. :D

Orca Lover is a fan hump Her oldest sister got her a card from Target to get the book..Don't know if they got one yet...

Hunterman(Tony)

We pre-ordered ours from Barnes and Noble. Heck, as much money as we spend there we should be getting stock! I like the books. They're fun, short reads and easily take one away from the hustle and bustle of life, like all 'good' fiction should.

Well the wife re read all the books starting the 4th of July weekend and finished them up a couple nights ago and is picking up her copy of the new book today.For me I just wait until the movies come out.

We ordered it and When we got back from Camping it was on our Doorstep. Wife opened it up and Disapeared for a Few hours. I would have been pissed (OK, not really) but my head was in my Own book. Book on Investing and such. Although I love the series and the movies, the only thing I read is how to make money and Talk forums ;) My wife di dread to the kids Bopok 3 then I watched it. I do have to say after reading the book the movies leave alot out. they should make a 4 hour movie and Charge double for it. HEll, Everyone would pay without blinking.

Daren, I hear those books L.O.T.R. are boring as Hell. Way too much Detail. "Sam looks at the ground. the ground was blah blah blah with BLAH blah on it. With the morning sun the Ground also...." Who gives a Rats ASS about the ground, talk about the war ;) Unlike the Movies that get to the point and lots of Action. But then again, It was Hearsay.

Well, yeah, Moosie, it can get a little wordy in spots...the second book is kind of like the second movie, just a long bridge between 1 and 3. :D The cool thing about LOTR is that there are a LOT of allusions, suggestions, and references to events, people & places which aren't readily explained in the main story. Depending on who you are, you are either left wanting to know more, or you just skim over them and forget it ever happened. :p ;)

Yeah, The lady has made a ton of money off that series....If she checks out this forum.....I love you and wish to help you spend those lonely nights together on our 40,000 acre ranch somewhere in the west! Just in Case! P.S. I'm a mugle until you touch my wand! :D

I was at a Rascal Flatts Concert and spend time with some old friends in SD at my favorite bar (Incahoots still rocks), so My cousin was nice enough to get the book for me!!!! I did stand in line last year.... I won't read it til I get back to Washington but I can't wait.... Cousins tell me the first 100 pages is boring , but we will see what comes of it!

I was at Costco tonight and noticed they had about 5000 of them sitting there for $15.99. Didn't see anybody snatching them up. But I guess anybody who really wanted it would have already got it.

I like the movies but I am not much on reading. I just had to sit and baby sit the new additions at Scholastics Book Factory last week. Had to make sure that the employee's didn't try and steal them to put on the internet or anything like that BEFORE it was released. That was a very boring job too. Thank god I only did it for 2 nights. Security Guard was pretty tight until the books were all packed and until they realeased it to the public. Kind of silly to me but someone had to do it and it was easy pay for not doing anything but sitting there staring at the isle where they were stored.

OK, I was in "line" at target at 7:55 am and by the time that my dad had posted to this, I already had my copy and my sister's copy. I am not as die hard as other people, but I have been reading it when ever I get time. Shannon only has 10 Chapters left, whereas I have about half of the book left. I want to get the whole collection in hardback, I only have book 6 right now.

When I got home last Saturday morning at 7:00 am, my wife had already read 130 pages. I thought she would read it slow but no way. I asked when she finished it up and she said, "Saturday at 5 in the afternoon!" I was shocked to say the least. It took her less than 18 hours to get the sum beotch read. That book would take me years to get through. She is now half way through it again since she said she missed a ton reading it so dang fast. I told her she should slow down since the next one won't come down for at least another two years. Oh well. If she's happy...I'm happy. :) :D :)

My wife di dread to the kids Bopok 3 then I watched it.
...what the hell did Moosie just say??? :confused: ;)

Guess I'm one of the few, I think my kids may have seen the first? movie and none of us have read the books....for some reason I find English accents irritating when I'm watching movies hump give me a big ol' bull moving in through the timber any ol' time and THAT I'll watch!!

"for some reason I find English accents irritating when I'm watching movies "

Marv,the kind of movies I watch, an english accent on a good looking women is pretty nice. :D

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back