MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Any GOT Viewers Here...

Oh that is definitely gonna happen...maybe once Martin dies the estate will get Brian Sanderson to come in and finish up the series. 1. Sanderson is a writing machine and 2. He did, in my opinion, a great job finishing The Wheel of Time series when Jordan passed.
He did do a great job. However I think Jordan was an easier act to follow that Martin would be.... only because of his rawness. I think that a finsh by Sanerson would leave us all wondering if it was really as Martin would have had it. Of course if there already is documentation from Martin on the endings.. .well then that would suffice at least for me.

WOT for me wasnt in the same league as GOT. Just my opinion though I still enjoyed it

He did do a great job. However I think Jordan was an easier act to follow that Martin would be.... only because of his rawness. I think that a finsh by Sanerson would leave us all wondering if it was really as Martin would have had it. Of course if there already is documentation from Martin on the endings.. .well then that would suffice at least for me.

Fair point... Martin seems to almost take pleasure in the misery of his characters, at the end of WOT it kinda seemed like Sanderson was killing of people perfunctorily. I think Eye of the World - Dragon Reborn were as good as GOT but then the series kinda went a different direction and lost momentum.

Honestly my real worry is that Patrick Rothfuss won't ever finish the Kingkiller Chronicle...I mean at least we will get some closure with GOT via the the show.

Fair point... Martin seems to almost take pleasure in the misery of his characters, at the end of WOT it kinda seemed like Sanderson was killing of people perfunctorily. I think Eye of the World - Dragon Reborn were as good as GOT but then the series kinda went a different direction and lost momentum.

Honestly my real worry is that Patrick Rothfuss won't ever finish the Kingkiller Chronicle...I mean at least we will get some closure with GOT via the the show.
That's a dandy series. It flowed like Feist's riftwar saga.

According to the cinematographer, we all just didnt have our TVs tuned right...seems kind of silly to me.

Lol apparently the cinematographers monitor wasn't tuned right as it was so dark they didn't notice the star bucks cup on the table when filming

I love the show, definitely worried about the conclusion though. They really have glossed over things and moved too quickly the last few seasons. I am a bit flustered by it all.

That being said the show is still awesome and I hope it will lead to some spinoffs and making big budget fantasies a reality again.

I hope they make a gritty star wars show and am praying the Witcher TV series is good as well!

Would love to see HBO do a mini series version of Fevre Dream... probably my favorite Martin work other than GOT.

Starbuck's coffee anyone? That's an "oops!"

got_pip_starbucks.5.png

I agree with the original post. The show has turned into garbage.

I’m a big fan of both the books and the show
I started reading the books years ago and they are so much better and detailed than the show which is still great. I just wonder if Martin will live long enough for the final books to be released because he has said the last book is so long that it has to be released as 2 books.

I honestly don’t see how anyone who has followed along since the beginning could not still be hooked. I’m not a big tv person but I cannot wait until Sunday nights.

He'll release after the concluding show. Have Ya's read the 2 prequills for 300 yrs prior n 100 yrs prior?

SPOILER ALERT

That was so stupid. As much as she's struggled and chosen the right path this whole time, she finally has the thing done and THEN chooses to roast everyone? I hope this makes more sense in the books because this plot twist feels so unearned. Like, Prince Hans smiling under the boat idiocy. Geez.

****do i really need to put spoiler alert?*****
SPOILER ALERT

That was so stupid. As much as she's struggled and chosen the right path this whole time, she finally has the thing done and THEN chooses to roast everyone? I hope this makes more sense in the books because this plot twist feels so unearned. Like, Prince Hans smiling under the boat idiocy. Geez.
I think it makes sense, she has allways show signs that she was always mad. She was a Tyranical ruler running around saying she was trying to rid the world of tyranny. Like Varys said "when a targeryn is born it's a flip of a coin..." they wanted us to believe that she was the good flip. All along it was jon. I think the Azor Ahi prophecy is still alive, jon is the price that was promised and must kill Daenerys to bring the new day!

****do i really need to put spoiler alert?*****

I think it makes sense, she has allways show signs that she was always mad. She was a Tyranical ruler running around saying she was trying to rid the world of tyranny. Like Varys said "when a targeryn is born it's a flip of a coin..." they wanted us to believe that she was the good flip. All along it was jon. I think the Azor Ahi prophecy is still alive, jon is the price that was promised and must kill Daenerys to bring the new day!

Lol, figured there was still someone out there who didn't realize spoilers are in every GOT thread.

You're right. But I'm not questioning the direction the producers took. I'm saying the methods they used to bring this about betrayed the character development. Would've made more sense if she hadn't had such a clear cut victory and just didn't know when to quit. GOT made it too easy to make her evil. And suddenly the northmen are killing women??? GRRM has always operated in shades of grey. GOT is having them jump back and forth from white to black, etc. Their explanation after the show didn't help IMO.

Back