• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

ANWR Griz hunting

lilbiggun

I have my doubts that it was taken in ANWR. Sorry but interior griz dont get that big. Thast a brownie from out west (probably). I'd like more info also cuz if it was an interior griz, it would definitly make world book. definitly a nice animal that I would like to put my cross hairs on though.

Oak

Expert
I would have guessed it was from eastern Russia. Looks like one of those huge bears from over there. Big bear, though!

Oak

T Bone

No doubt a big bear. Its tough to see scale though with the hunter standing behind. They should have put a quarter on the bear to show scale....

Alasken

The guy in the photo is Joe Hendricks, who's a master guide in Ak. He has guide areas in ANWR, Kodiak, and the Alaska Peninsula. I agree with lilbiggun, there's no way it's a bear from the North Slope. It's a solid 10 footer, and they just don't grow that big up there. Here's his web site: joe's page
I just went and looked at trophy photos and it says it was taken in ANWR. I still don't believe it.

MarvB

Nah Oak...if it was one of those Russian bears it would have had a unicycle next to it ;)

Alaskan thanks for the link...that fella has taken some dang big bears

RockyDog

Sorry, i dont know any more about it than you guys. I just saw it on an outfitters advertisement. Does seem big for an interior bear, but who knows.