Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Stuck between a Griz and a hard place…

HerkHunter

Went hunting on the family ranch the last day of shoulder season. About 100 yards from where I parked I saw some funky looking tracks. Kept walking and then boom. I recognized them. IMG_7448.jpeg
A little spooked, i decided to get out of the bottom and crest the tops. I got to my glassing point and began looking when I saw a leg. Then a body. Then an antler. IMG_7460.jpeg
After a little bit I heard crashing then a second smaller bull appeared. The two fed up a game trail we hunt often and began working their way up top. Because I could only shoot cows, I watched them with amazement scouting them for my uncle who would archery hunt the same area the next day. All of a sudden, about a thousand yards away I saw a dark mass running on a hillside following the creekbed to my position. I knew it was a griz. Once I got eyes on him I knew I wanted to get out of there soon so as to not be anywhere near him when he got to the area we know they’ve been spending daytime in. Only problem was if I left now I would blow those bulls out and ruin tomorrow for us. I swapped between watching both the elk and Griz with excitement and once the bulls crested the hill onto the neighbors property to bed I scurried out of there. Was an exciting start to the season! Cant wait for rifle season now.
More pics below:

IMG_7457.jpegIMG_7456.jpegIMG_7477.jpegIMG_7453.jpeg

Hell of a family ranch. Make sure to show up to that Thanksgiving dinner 🤣. Good luck on your hunt and carry some bear spray. What a cool place to be!

Did I miss the pic of the grizzly? mtmuley
Just realized I forgot to upload it! Pics or it didnt happen right? Ill try and grab a screenshot from the video I took. Sorry the quality is so bad. I dont have a phonescope adapter dealio yet. Getting one after this weekend for sure

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back