Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

ANWR Griz hunting

RockyDog

http://www.trophyphotos.com/imagedetail.php?photoid=732&photokey=Jxxm6q&popular=1

732.jpg

I have my doubts that it was taken in ANWR. Sorry but interior griz dont get that big. Thast a brownie from out west (probably). I'd like more info also cuz if it was an interior griz, it would definitly make world book. definitly a nice animal that I would like to put my cross hairs on though.

I would have guessed it was from eastern Russia. Looks like one of those huge bears from over there. Big bear, though!

Oak

No doubt a big bear. Its tough to see scale though with the hunter standing behind. They should have put a quarter on the bear to show scale....

The guy in the photo is Joe Hendricks, who's a master guide in Ak. He has guide areas in ANWR, Kodiak, and the Alaska Peninsula. I agree with lilbiggun, there's no way it's a bear from the North Slope. It's a solid 10 footer, and they just don't grow that big up there. Here's his web site: joe's page
I just went and looked at trophy photos and it says it was taken in ANWR. I still don't believe it.

Nah Oak...if it was one of those Russian bears it would have had a unicycle next to it ;)

Alaskan thanks for the link...that fella has taken some dang big bears
hump.gif

Sorry, i dont know any more about it than you guys. I just saw it on an outfitters advertisement. Does seem big for an interior bear, but who knows.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back