MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Anti hunting group buys hunting rights

The first thing to go is always NR opportunity and rightfully so. It’s a privilege not a right to hunt as a nr. I truly feel blessed when I set foot in another state that the residents of that state allow me to partake in their opportunities. The whole nr vs r thing is so overplayed and worn out. We are all NR in 49 other states. It’s a balance but @BuzzH is right on this one. Residents will always take priority. I don’t get why people don’t get that.
Again, from my earlier post:

"I'm not a resident of Wyoming. You all can do what you want. But I rightfully pointed out that hunters are more responsible for reducing nonresident hunting opportunities than anti-hunters. This is a fact."

The first thing to go is always NR opportunity and rightfully so. It’s a privilege not a right to hunt as a nr. I truly feel blessed when I set foot in another state that the residents of that state allow me to partake in their opportunities. The whole nr vs r thing is so overplayed and worn out. We are all NR in 49 other states. It’s a balance but @BuzzH is right on this one. Residents will always take priority. I don’t get why people don’t get that.
Then this whole move in Canada is a great thing. It increases resident hunting opportunities.

Buzz, look bud, you can deny that you haven't been instrumental in decreasing nonresident opportunity in your state if you'd like, or sugar coat it or whatever. I'm not a resident of Wyoming. You all can do what you want. But I rightfully pointed out that hunters are more responsible for reducing nonresident hunting opportunities than anti-hunters. This is a fact.

And since this conversation was pulled by your opinion that hunters are selfish tightwads because you can't raise corner crossing money: Have you ever considered that fundraising might be hard for Wyoming BHA because you're the one in charge of it? Have you ever stepped back and wondered how much better off the organization would be without the person at the helm being someone who is so condescending to hunters, especially NR hunters? Have you considered that perhaps making it a lifelong goal to limit, minimize and shrink WY nonresident hunting opportunities might have a detrimental effect on your fundraising for corner crossing? Have you considered that maybe not all hunters are tight wads, but that they realize if they don't have a WY hunting tag in their pocket they don't have to cross any corners on WY public land?

I get that corner crossing has implications for other states and places, and I hope the whole fight ends up with precedence that applies to federal lands, but some do not get that. Maybe have a little come to Jesus with yourself, your methods, your abrasiveness and how it may impact your fundraising efforts. Perhaps it isn't that all hunters are selfish tightwads except for you.
Now that you've had your say, and for the record...I stated in regard to Residents preserving their Resident hunting opportunities at the expense of NR's..."Rightfully so". Any Resident would be a fool not to.

Absolutely I put Resident opportunity first. To the point that I drove 1400 miles to testify against the come home to hunt program in Montana, that I'm a recipient of.

What get's tiring is NR's of Wyoming griping, complaining, and throwing their suckers in the dirt. In particular when the states the NR's come from are even more stingy with tags, by a freaking landslide at a minimum, than Wyoming.

Its guys like YOU that take their shots from the cheap seats, that make me want to limit NR's even more. In particular when you have done NOTHING to help NR opportunity in your State. Further when my State offers more LQ tags, more total tags, and more NR opportunity than your State.

That said, as per USUAL and in every single case, 1% of the people do 99% of the work on every issue. I've grown used to it.

Anytime you want to move to Wyoming, become a Resident, I'll give you the reins to the BHA Chapter here. I'll whine, complain, and gripe all the time about your volunteer work. Really not having a tough time raising funds for corner crossing...timing is everything and we're covered through the 10th.

None of this changes the facts that Hunters are tightwad when it comes to supporting hunting causes. They just are and that's just a fact.

Finally, if you wouldn't mind answering the question about your volunteer efforts to increase NR opportunity in your State of Residence?

Anytime you want to move to Wyoming, become a Resident, I'll give you the reins to the BHA Chapter here. I'll whine, complain, and gripe all the time about your volunteer work. Really not having a tough time raising funds for corner crossing...timing is everything and we're covered through the 10th.
So you really were just bitching about hunters just to bitch about something??? You're not having a tough time raising money... You continue to prove that you just want have an overwhelming urge to be complaining about something.

You're ridiculous.

So you really were just bitching about hunters just to bitch about something??? You're not having a tough time raising money... You continue to prove that you just want have an overwhelming urge to be complaining about something.

You're ridiculous.

Two things can be true at the same time. Our banquet does well. The majority of hunters in the area don't financially support it.

Heck even on my board we had tightwads. I've seen stupid requests for reimbursement from the organization.

"You want me to write you a check for that $9.99 extension cord?" Ooookay.

Now that you've had your say, and for the record...I stated in regard to Residents preserving their Resident hunting opportunities at the expense of NR's..."Rightfully so". Any Resident would be a fool not to.

Absolutely I put Resident opportunity first. To the point that I drove 1400 miles to testify against the come home to hunt program in Montana, that I'm a recipient of.

What get's tiring is NR's of Wyoming griping, complaining, and throwing their suckers in the dirt. In particular when the states the NR's come from are even more stingy with tags, by a freaking landslide at a minimum, than Wyoming.

Its guys like YOU that take their shots from the cheap seats, that make me want to limit NR's even more. In particular when you have done NOTHING to help NR opportunity in your State. Further when my State offers more LQ tags, more total tags, and more NR opportunity than your State.

That said, as per USUAL and in every single case, 1% of the people do 99% of the work on every issue. I've grown used to it.

None of this changes the facts that Hunters are tightwad when it comes to supporting hunting causes. They just are and that's just a fact.

Finally, if you wouldn't mind answering the question about your volunteer efforts to increase NR opportunity in your State of Residence?
I guess you weren't able to have that little come to Jesus we chatted about...

Anyway, my point still stands: hunters have limited NR hunting opportunities more than anti-hunters.

The statement is a fact and carries whatever judgement you attach to it. I didn't attach judgement to it. It is what it is. It is pretty black and white. You've done much more than Patagonia ever will to decrease hunting opportunity for nonresidents. You see it as something to be proud of, alienating hunters...then you wonder why your fundraising is down.

I do not advocate for decreasing NR opportunity in my state. I've set quite a few residents straight on how little of an impact NR hunters have.

You're ridiculous.
For as many times as you've been chewed up and spit out ill give you credit, you keep coming back. Ahh to be young again.

I guess you weren't able to have that little come to Jesus we chatted about...

Anyway, my point still stands: hunters have limited NR hunting opportunities more than anti-hunters.

The statement is a fact and carries whatever judgement you attach to it. I didn't attach judgement to it. It is what it is. It is pretty black and white. You've done much more than Patagonia ever will to decrease hunting opportunity for nonresidents. You see it as something to be proud of, alienating hunters...then you wonder why your fundraising is down.

I do not advocate for decreasing NR opportunity in my state. I've set quite a few residents straight on how little of an impact NR hunters have.
You have selective outrage, and I've done more to PRESERVE NR hunting opportunities in WY than you have ever thought about doing in WY, or ID.

That's a fact.

Last edited:
Yukon reported 424 sheep. You said "other than BC, Canada is a dumpster fire for reporting."
Docking you a days pay for bad journalism.
... it is Alberta (AB), Northwest Territories (NWT), and Yukon Territories all have abysmal websites and I couldn't find accurate, current, numbers. Those are what I could find, I couldn't find goat numbers though you can hunt goats in Yukon and NWT.

... it is Alberta (AB), Northwest Territories (NWT), and Yukon Territories all have abysmal websites and I couldn't find accurate, current, numbers. Those are what I could find, I couldn't find goat numbers though you can hunt goats in Yukon and NWT.
NWT sheep count sounds low. Really few goats in Yukon and NWT and they are not for the most part hunted.

For as many times as you've been chewed up and spit out ill give you credit, you keep coming back. Ahh to be young again.
It's the same shit every time he posts... Just bitches about everything. Says he can't raise money, then says he has no problem raising money.

It's like buzz is walking through a mirror maze and can't figure out why he keeps bumping into himself... The image of buzz I see is starting to look more and more like Joe Biden. Dazed, confused, and just saying wild shit seeing what sticks.

buzz confused.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back