Caribou Gear

Antelope...Lets See Them!!!

Great pic of the kids Coltfan, Congrats to all of you, my girls love it out there also. A double photo like that would be special this fall. Welcome to HT!

Thanks for the welcome from the fellow Iowan to WVHunter for helping me with the pic. Photobucket is horrible to me lately. I shot one myself on the same trip but had left the girls in the motel to pack, so the pic is an after shot. I'll see if I can get it to post.

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/sargemarlin/130_zps6d25764c.jpg

I don't think it posted, so sorry for the link. My first handgun antelope, though short rifle may be a better description.

Here are a few representative animals from last year in Wyoming. The blizzard that dropped 22" was due the next day so we tagged out and got out. Would have loved to of spent a few more days but we didn't have to eat our tags.
lope13wyo131_zps4734f94d.jpg

lope13wyo119_zpsd3a256bd.jpg

lope13wyo146_zps83146624.jpg

Thanks for the welcome from the fellow Iowan to WVHunter for helping me with the pic. Photobucket is horrible to me lately. I shot one myself on the same trip but had left the girls in the motel to pack, so the pic is an after shot. I'll see if I can get it to post.

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/sargemarlin/130_zps6d25764c.jpg

I don't think it posted, so sorry for the link. My first handgun antelope, though short rifle may be a better description.

Another nice goat. For some reason the URL on your link isn't carrying over.

I guess it's time to get this thread fired back up for another pronghorn season. I will add the buck Bernie shot this week. Always love seeing the new ones show up in this thread.

DSCN1073.JPG

kidshunt042.jpg

2013, Montana. Shane's first antelope buck. Didn't draw when he was 12. He's 13 here. No permit this year either, but he told me he was alright with that...His two younger brothers have permits this year and Shane will be there to help them judge horns.....he's an expert now!

This was a great day we spent together.....we layed and waited for this buck to stand up for the shot. Shane chose not to take a raking shot while he was bedded down, the shot would have killed him, but it would have needed to angle through the paunch. So we layed there prone, for about 45 minutes, and had a great conversation(in whisper), about the existence, and survival of Pronghorn Antelope...

kidshunt042.jpg

2013, Montana. Shane's first antelope buck. Didn't draw when he was 12. He's 13 here. No permit this year either, but he told me he was alright with that...His two younger brothers have permits this year and Shane will be there to help them judge horns.....he's an expert now!

This was a great day we spent together.....we layed and waited for this buck to stand up for the shot. Shane chose not to take a raking shot while he was bedded down, the shot would have killed him, but it would have needed to angle through the paunch. So we layed there prone, for about 45 minutes, and had a great conversation(in whisper), about the existence, and survival of Pronghorn Antelope...
Great buck and better story! Well done.

kidshunt042.jpg

Pat, If you don't mind me asking... GAP build that rifle? What's it chambered in? Looks like their camo pattern... I've been looking their rifles for a few years now, thinking about having them build a rifle for me.

Thanks!!

Arizona muzleloader buck

I managed to take this buck after finally stalking to about 140 yards. My first antelope anywhere. Took me 9 years to get the tag and a lot of low crawling, but what a rush of excitement. Notice the scope kiss between my eyebrows. Once I had him in the cross hairs, I wasn't about to take a chance on moving too much more, even at the risk of getting my bell rung. Thanks to my good friend Aaron for his company, help and encouragement.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 998
Last 5 NV bucks I've helped on. 5 different hunt unit groupings. Top left to right: Wife 2013. Ex brother in law 2011. Me 2008. Uncle 2010. Dad 2014

My second speed goat.....Almost embarrassed to post given some of the outstanding goats in this thread. Learned a ton about stalking goats in open country during this particular hunt and had an absolute blast. WY 2013.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,421
Coltfan....great pic. I have two little girls (6 and 3) myself. I hope to replicate that scene some day.

my best aechery antelope

I believe it was 2007, I hunted this buck for 7or 8 days straight before arrowing him. I blew it three or four times but finnaly figured out he ended up in the same spot each time. That was the end of the 2x4 buck. The reason I call him the 2x4 buck he has 4 mass measurments just over 7 inches with 6 inch cutters 83 2/8 pope and young.

Attachments

• 007 (2) (2).JPG
    007 (2) (2).JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 1,333
  • IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 1,327
I was able to take my 3rd and largest archery pronghorn last Friday. I was actually on my way to hunt elk, and spotted this guy with 30 does and couldn't pass up the opportunity. There was a small drainage I was able to use to get close to a few does, and when I busted out the Montana decoy, the buck came running straight to me. He froze at 45 yards knowing something was up, and I was able to put an arrow in him. He was quartering hard, and I hit him a little back but it still got the job done. What he lacks in length, he definitely makes up in mass.

Attachments

• close.jpg
    close.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,318
  • front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 1,318
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 1,329
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts