Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Antelope...Lets See Them!!!

I dug and found this one.. my first buck antelope.. Park County
firstantelopebuck.jpg

Last edited:
Greenhorn,
You are antelope crazy! Thanks for sharing the pics.
Big Fin,
You are not far behind :D

I only have a couple.

My first antelope buck ever, 2008 ND, scored around 76"
2008 Antelope 9.JPG

ND 2009 75"
NDAntelope098-1[1].jpg

SD 2009
SDAntelope0919[1].jpg

scan0001-8.jpg

I've still got a few laying around.....grin!

This is my good friend Owen...he's the government trapper from Forsyth, Montana..this is a buck we chased a few years ago in Garfield County...too bad he was a little busted up..

Great pics guys.

I say this in all seriousness, if I could trade you my Montana elk tag for an extra pronghorn tag, I would do it. In fact, I might even trade two elk for one pronghorn. If you doubt that, just ask Lawnboy and Photofin about my reaction this season when we were 600 yards from a 330" Montana bull and a high 70" pronghorn came by. Screw the elk, a pronghorn like that is what I live for. Fortunately, my shenanigans with the pronghorn didn't scare the bull too far and he let me shoot him later in the day.

Yeah, I know I am not that smart, and the previous paragraph probably confirms that.

Where's Eli? That dude has some antelope pics, both dead and alive.

Still some other guys who are laying low on this thread, who have shot a lot of great pronghorn. Maybe they are on vacation, or hunting doves, Coues deer, or filling their Christmas list.

My friend Larry with what I think is the largest buck officially entered into B&C taken in MT in 2008. I'd say he was a lucky SOB but big antelope tend to find this guy. I think the gross score was 86+ and horns were 17.5"
100_0211.jpg

If Larry posted all of his B&C public land bucks, he would have his own thread. Any way to entice him into posting some of those here?

Randy, he takes the absolute worst field photos of anybody. I have some laying around, or there's a few on the B&C site.

All those bucks are total giants. 87, 84, 85 net. The bottom one has 8" bases and originally grossed over 88, (14.5 long) but since he bonded the cores on before measurement, B&C whacked him on the bases, but as you can see, they are swelled on the bottom, naturally. It still net scored 85 inches. He passed it the year before and took the middle one. Told me he regretted passing a heavy 13" buck, but found it the next year. I think he's taken 10 bucks that officially net over 82 inches.

Pat, how heavy is that sucker's horns on that one of your pal's? That thing is a beast. You probably have a 6" stack of antelope photos in print that have never been scanned yet.

When's Eli going to show up? I bet when it's all over, there's a hundred big bucks in this thread.

These are from three or four years ago and unfortunately didn't get any field photos at the time but here's the heads anyway.

Attachments

• 100_0984WebSmall.jpg
    100_0984WebSmall.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,687
  • IMG_3823.JPG
    IMG_3823.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,700
  • 100_0985WebSmall.jpg
    100_0985WebSmall.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,769
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics