Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Another Speed Goat from NM

ALL PLAY

2009 Speed Goat @ 280 yards w/.223 in North Eastern New Mexico

SpeedGoat09.jpg

:hump:

If you lost your hat, I think I might know where it is...

Congrats on a nice antelope and good luck on the upcoming elk hunt. We hope to see more pics and here more stories.

Congrats! it was a lot greener than where I was. The Bioligist said the rains were real spotty in the NE
area and I guess you got it there

If you lost your hat, I think I might know where it is...

Congrats on a nice antelope and good luck on the upcoming elk hunt. We hope to see more pics and here more stories.

That's funny.. I put it there as a marker and I be damn, I left it.
Now as you know you can't leave a man down. So here I go walkin my happy a@# up the hill again.
It's my Bowtech hat, need I say more LOL!

Very cool, great choice on your bullet. Is that a 1n8 twist barrel? At that distance you are not bad at all. I aways figure 2 minutes from 100 zero to 200 and another 3 minutes from 200 to 300 so that is just a 4 to 5 minute up correction from a 100 yard zero.

Have you put that load on a chrony? you ought to be knocking on 3000 fps.

Barnes does make a 70 grain tsx which would shoot real well if that is a 1n8 twist. That would get your energy up at little at longer distances.

I load 24.5 grains of RL15 on 69 grainers and am getting close to 2900 fps and that has been a very accurate load out to 600 yards on paper and is a whiz banger at the 200 and 300 yard mark. I would work up to that if you want to try it but it has been a great load for me tested over thousands of rounds.

We are not allowed to hunt big game in Kansas with a .223 so It is nice for me to see a platform I have used so much being used on antelope to deer sized game for which it is completely adequate for especially in the 300 yard and under range.

again, congrats.

It's is a 1n9 twist with a 24" barrel Bushmaster Varmant.
I used BLC-2 24gr rem. brass cci primer. have not shot through a chrono to what she is giving me.
All in all I was happy with the load
As far as hunting with this caliber it's all in shot placement. My 2cents
Thanks for the props and for some reloading data.

Very nice!! I'm hoping to use my 223 on a doe pronghorn in a couple of weeks. I'm sure it'll work, if I can do my part.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back