Another SE AK bear hunt.

npaden

My buddy and I got a couple on the ground last week as well.

I passed on this guy early on the first day and then thought about it and decided I may have made a mistake and less than an hour later had another opportunity at him (almost positive it was the same bear) and decided to go ahead and take him. He didn't have any rubs and a really nice coat for a spring bear on POW.

Bear Hunt by naathan2, on Flickr

Untitled by naathan2, on Flickr

My buddy shot his bigger brother a couple days later. He had a pretty big bald patch on his forehead and his front legs were rubbed pretty bad.

Bear Hunt by naathan2, on Flickr

My bear squared just under 6' and green scored 18 3/4". My buddies squared just under 7' and green scored 19 7/8".

Of course we ended up seeing a REALLY big bear the next day that would have been a slam dunk.

Ended up doing some sight seeing and got some fishing in. POW is a pretty neat place. I think I will be back.

Nathan

Fly in / float plane hunt? Rental car?

Gonna need some more details... Congrats on the bears, that looks like a riot.

Good job on the bears! All these threads are getting me excited for my POW hunt next spring!

Awesome! Grats! All this POW talk of recent has made a written slip within my bucket!

Great pics, thanks for sharing, Nathan and again, grats to you and your buddy.

Awesome animals! I am needing another SEAK trip. It's been way to long I haven't been since it went to a draw. I have made two trips up before in the spring. Awesome place to say the least!

Very nicely done!! Thinking I'm going to start researching a hunt there and see if I can't get this black bear unicorn curse lifted...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back