PEAX Equipment

Another one bites the dust!!!!

Elkwhisper

I didn't have to wear any funny outfits to take this nice buck just outside of Billings. In fact I wasn't even wearing a stitch of camo.......... It has been raining like crazy out here, so I figured I would suit up in the goretex and use the rain to my advantage. Figured it would help with noise and scent and might be the edge I needed to slip into range.

I had two different stalks on my second choice buck earlier in the day, but just couldn't get inside 100 yards. Turned out for the best as I ended up running into my first choice buck that I had scouted earlier in the summer and was able to close the deal. I have been keeping my eye on this buck for the past several weeks, just hoping I would be able to catch him in a vulnerable position.

Some of you might recognize my buck from a post several weeks back........

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?p=2125237#post2125237

Inspired by Greenhorn's thread, where much like the Great Bambino pointing to the outfield bleachers, he "called his shot" on what will no doubt end up as his 2010 MT goat, I also posted pics of the buck I had picked out. As it turned out, the attached grip and grin shots are taken within 50 feet of where the buck was when I first snapped a few pics of him. Got to love it when a plan comes together!!!!

I don't think he will make the same book that Greenhorn's will, but I am sure he will qualify for the other one, not that it matters that much to me........ Haven't put the tape to him yet, but if anyone wants to play the guessing game, I'll post the results tonight or tomorrow.

Good Hunting!

Elkwhisper

Attachments

• 2010 Archery Antelope Sized.jpg
    2010 Archery Antelope Sized.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 392
  • 2010 Archery Antelopt 2 SIZED.jpg
    2010 Archery Antelopt 2 SIZED.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 382
That's awesome.
Really cool that you got the one you had been scouting.
Killer prongs on that thing...

Great buck.

It was wet here yesterday as well. I puzzed out thinking I would melt. Well done.

What a great looking buck! I'd guess him to be around 78", without adding any numbers up. Hard to tell his bottom mass, so he might be a little higher.

Real pretty buck! Congrats. Looks like a twin to one I photographed in 2003, a year I did actually shoot an arrow into a buck antelope. It'd guess that lope to score 77.5.

Looks similar to this one I think.. I called him the "crawdad" buck. :D
SummerCrawdad46.jpg

Damn! Greenhorn is good as this stuff............... Might as well stop the guessing right now.

He ain't perfect though..... missed net by 1/4".

EW

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    26 KB · Views: 330
You sure that right horn isn't the longer of the two? I was giving him 15, 6.25, 6.25, 6 above, and a 5.25 prong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northernmaineguide
Back