Another Native vs. Transplant Montanan Conflict.....

JC,

You're wrong...we do allow commercial sale of the game we hunt. Go check ebay, you can buy antlers, horns, mounts, hides, capes. Cant sell the meat...but wait...actually you can in some states. Check the Arizona regs.
Hell, I am pretty sure we could find stupid exceptions in the Texas Regulations..... Doesn't mean it is right, just because it is legal in Texas....

Tell me what the difference is between selling a legally harvested bobcat pelt with a CITES permit and an elk cape? Not much, other than the sale of the bobcat pelt is state and federally regulated whereas the elk cape is not. Both would fetch a similar amount of cabbage.

I don't like the sale of any parts of publically owned wildlife. And, if it is going to cost me future hunting opportunities because Anti-s attack hunting thru the Trojan Horse of selling wildlife parts, I am more than happy to call for the ban to sales of capes, antlers, feathers, etc.... How many times do we read about elk being poached with the cape being taken from a raghorn?

Money causes bad behaviour.

JC the word is "here" crapping (or crapping here) unless you actually "hear" yourself crapping while discussing this thread...carry on!

I can hear the faint sound of crapping everytime I read a JC post. Does that count Marv?

P.S. As having some experience with land mines they kick ass.

P.S.S. Jose just because something is illegal does not mean a magic fairy waves their wand and all that shit goes away. Teleport yourself back to reality and get with the program.UTOPIA DOES NOT NOR WILL IT EVER EXIST.Simpleton.

JC,

I now see you've backed off on the commercial aspect of the game we all hunt...funny.

Killing fur bearers is no different than killing an ungulate than killing a duck or goose. There are enough wild animals in North America that killing some for fur, some for food, etc. does the population no harm. With state and federal regulation of trapping and/or hunting there is a control method in place to ensure that animals are not over hunted or over trapped.

I think defending hunting or trapping on the merit of simple population control is pretty shakey. I dont need to defend it that way.

I'd like to debate with you more...but I have to go see if I can help control the cow/calf population of elk in the Laramie Peak area tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Again, I'm not asking you to change your opinion, but for the benefit of others I think its important they know the truth.

Jose Cuervo, June 18, 2008
Quote:
THE TRUTH DOES NOT MATTER

Buzz and Big Fin, been following along and have agreed 100% with you two. did the trapping thing years ago and made good money doing it. also, helped a lot of local farmers with undamming the creeks around due to the beavers we had. also took out a few mink and muskrat alog the way. fox was always fun also.

Jose, you say that nature has a way of leveling things out. while I agree with this, when man introduces, or re-introduces things back to the wild, things aren't always so rosey. we had pretty much gotten rid of the coyote around here. we had good numbers of pheasants and rabbits that you could hunt. now, unless you go to the state parks, where they release pen raised birds, you very seldom see a pheasant around here. but we do have a bunch of coyotes again. re-introduced. and have heard, but not certain, that indiana has re-introduced the bounty on the coyotes.

JC,

I now see you've backed off on the commercial aspect of the game we all hunt...funny. .
Not sure what you mean, and, if I was not clear, I am against the sale of wildlife, except in Texas.

Killing fur bearers is no different than killing an ungulate than killing a duck or goose. There are enough wild animals in North America that killing some for fur, some for food, etc. does the population no harm. With state and federal regulation of trapping and/or hunting there is a control method in place to ensure that animals are not over hunted or over trapped.
I guess I don't see "surplus" animals.

I think defending hunting or trapping on the merit of simple population control is pretty shakey. I dont need to defend it that way.
Glad to see I was able to change your opinion ... :D;)

I'd like to debate with you more...but I have to go see if I can help control the cow/calf population of elk in the Laramie Peak area tomorrow morning.
Good luck, and, likely, that is the difference in perspective. You live somewhere that has game populations OVER the carrying capacity of the land. I live somewhere that seems to have most big game units UNDER the carrying capacity. We don't seem to "control" game, we have to "control" hunters.:(

Buzz and Big Fin, been following along and have agreed 100% with you two. did the trapping thing years ago and made good money doing it. also, helped a lot of local farmers with undamming the creeks around due to the beavers we had. also took out a few mink and muskrat alog the way. fox was always fun also.
So, you not only were trapping, you were out destroying creekbeds and ecosystems? What a dumbshit.

Jose, you say that nature has a way of leveling things out. while I agree with this, when man introduces, or re-introduces things back to the wild, things aren't always so rosey. we had pretty much gotten rid of the coyote around here. we had good numbers of pheasants and rabbits that you could hunt. now, unless you go to the state parks, where they release pen raised birds, you very seldom see a pheasant around here. but we do have a bunch of coyotes again. re-introduced. and have heard, but not certain, that indiana has re-introduced the bounty on the coyotes.
You will have to help me out to see your stupid view of the "balance of nature" as you somehow think native Coyotes are bad but introduced exotic phasants from another continent are good. That doesn't make much sense...

Jose, so to what extent is it to commercialize, capitalize and make a buck on "our" wildlife? Just curious what is OK and what isnt?

You dont make (or spend $) in support of such. do you?

I'd say that's about the last thing you need to do.

Jose, you only destroy it when you remove all the beaver in a particular area. figured someone as smart as you would know that. guess not.

yep, the pheasant was introduced years ago. way before my time. and more than likely yours. guessing you have never hunted them? as far as the coyotes go. I'm good, but not that good. took a lot of people a lot of years to get their numbers down. but way back when, we were getting $35 a piece for them. they are considered a varmint here and they have no season on them. fun shooting times.

So, you not only were trapping, you were out destroying creekbeds and ecosystems? What a dumbshit.

You will have to help me out to see your stupid view of the "balance of nature" as you somehow think native Coyotes are bad but introduced exotic phasants from another continent are good. That doesn't make much sense...

actually, said I agreed with YOUR view. so, maybe YOU should be the one explaining it to the rest of us? and while you're at it, why don't you explain your reasoning for wanting ANY gun banned.

Here's my .02 and Youtube response..........

How would a Sign in the Area help the Dog from getting Trapped? Maybe assume all places have traps? The only sign that needs to be put up is one on your forehead letting everyone know it takes you 15 mins to figure out how to open a trap.

It's truely a shame your dog got caught in a trap. The bad part is that you let your dog run around without a leash on.

I think guys like you should put up signs to let trappers know you're in the woods. Maybe like handycap parking signs.

BHR comes back the next morning to check on his carefully laid out "trapline" to find his traps full. Amazingly one of the 330 conibears has a Jose Queervo by the neck......and he's still running his mouth!

Why is it that everybody who moves to the Bitterroot (or anywhere in Western Montana) for the lifestyle wants to change the lifestyle once they get there. Fricking transplants, probably another Californian.

Nemont

Nemont,

What do you think about people like BigWhore who claim to be contractor/builders catering to incoming transplants and then complain about the transplants wanting to change their lifestyle?

BHR comes back the next morning to check on his carefully laid out "trapline" to find his traps full. Amazingly one of the 330 conibears has a Jose Queervo by the neck......and he's still running his mouth!

Take it easy on him BHR, he's still bewildered from the smackdown Buzz gave him. He's been posting nonsense all night.

Time for BHR to freshen up his bait.......with another dickwad Missoulian from yesterday's paper............

Letters to the Editor
Damage done by cows no laughing matter
Unfortunately, and much to our collective peril, Bill Williams’ ignorance about the contributions of cows to global climate change (letter, Dec. 16) is representative of most Americans. While he finds it a proper subject of guttural humor, the truth is this is no laughing matter.

According to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (“Livestock’s Long Shadow”), cows contribute more greenhouse gas than all trains, planes and automobiles in the world combined, largely because of overproduction and the fact that methane is 23 times more harmful than carbon dioxide. Fully one-quarter of the earth’s land surface is devoted to grazing, and one-third to growing feed stock.

And that’s not all. Livestock consume 90 percent of all soybeans, 80 percent of all corn and 70 percent of all grain, meaning that our learned obsession with beef contributes mightily to world hunger. Five people go hungry for every one who lives on steak and potatoes.
Grazing is also more responsible than any other land use, including logging, for species extinction, which would come as no surprise to anyone who has ever hiked on public lands denuded and polluted by cows. While people may have romantic notions about cowboys in the West, the truth is that arid and semi-arid lands are simply not appropriate places for cows - especially during periods of drought (prolonged by climate change).

We can either remain in a state of obese denial, or we can do something. If all Americans went meat-free for just three days each week, it would be the equivalent of replacing every car with a Prius. In fact, a vegetarian driving a Humvee contributes less to global climate change than a meat-eater driving a Prius.

For more cow know-how, visit meatthetruth.com. To get involved in this bioregion, visit westernwatersheds.org. To reduce demand, boycott beef.

Tom Woodbury, Montana director,
Western Watersheds Project, Missoula

BigWhore,

You just cross-posting your cut and pastes over and over because you are too stupid to be able to form an informed and logical opinion?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back