Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Another Idaho Muley Down

TheTone

My cousin drew the same Idaho tag I did so since I filled on the opener we spent a few days trying to find him one to equal mine. The first weekend was a bust as we dealt with some tresspassing @$$hats on one of the pieces we had permission on so we hunted our "backup" spot instead. The backup spot was mainly a scouting trip although numerous does and a few small bucks were seen just from the top without dropping into the big canyon. This past Saturday we got an early jump and returned intending to drop into the canyon. Right where we bailed in at we found 3 small bucks and numerous does. We made it down the canyon to a small bench and started glassing. It didn't take long and we found 4 point bedded about 400 yards out we decided was worth a look. In the middle of our stalk I looked below our intial glassing point and spotted a big antler under an elderberry about 150 yards from where we had just been. We decided it was either a big live buck or dead buck, but definitely worth checking out. After getting to a spot we could actually get a good view from it was determined to be a big live buck that we definitely needed to leave with. After watching him for close to an hour he stood up at probably about 11:45. Bad move on his part. One shot flattened him and then it was a matter of processing a buck in the bottom of a big ugly canyon. I was very thankful we had both bought new Bullpacs (great external frame BTW) before the hunt as it made it rather enjoyable to pack out. He grosses like 175 6/8, but gets hit really bad by deductions as if that would matter anyways. he's a stud of a buck to us and he is super happy with him. Here are the pics, forgive the stuff in the bottom of the last shot as my tripod consisted of a rock, camo jacket and binoculars and some of the jacket decided to be in the frame.

Attachments

• Kevin 2006 Buck2resize.jpg
    Kevin 2006 Buck2resize.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 535
  • Kevin 2006 Buck5resize.jpg
    Kevin 2006 Buck5resize.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 537
  • Kevin 2006 Buck9resize.jpg
    Kevin 2006 Buck9resize.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 518
Awesome buck. I now have "wood". Is the weekend close?:D

Congrats to your bud.