PEAX Equipment

Another hammer lover

brockel

Wife’s 6.5-06 has only ever seen 140 bergers and they have worked on everything from coyotes to elk for her without any issues. Being the off-season and bored I figured I’d try some 124 grain hammer hunters in it. I guess it likes them. This was shots 4-9 with the hammers. That’s how easy it was to find a load. I could do a little tweaking but probably will just run 53 and call it good. Think she will run these this season and see which we like better on game out of her 6.5-06
03248E79-D814-4187-B85D-8FFAF49D8C0F.jpeg

tenor.gif

The Hammer guys are headed to Africa this month. Should have some really good terminal performance info soon. mtmuley

Alright I'm going to have to see if I can get my hands on some.....nice shooting!!

I have some loaded up and ready to shoot. I have similar expectations.

I ordered some 90 gr absolute hammers for the 257 bee to see what they will do. Ordered last night and recieved the shipping confirmation today. Now I will just have to wait for the Magnetospeed chrono to get here. Kinda guessing the bullets will arrive first. Damn, this stuff is addicting. If anyone has a recipe, please feel free to share.

OK, I payed attention and found Stevejfarms posting about his experiences with the Bee. Great place to start and I have those powders. Sweet.

OK, I payed attention and found Stevejfarms posting about his experiences with the Bee. Great place to start and I have those powders. Sweet.
I’ve gotten busy farming and had to put the hammers on the back burner. I did decide on 123’s for my 26 nos. Let me know what you find, I’m gonna try a couple more loads for the 257, I really want 4000!

Wife’s 6.5-06 has only ever seen 140 bergers and they have worked on everything from coyotes to elk for her without any issues. Being the off-season and bored I figured I’d try some 124 grain hammer hunters in it. I guess it likes them. This was shots 4-9 with the hammers. That’s how easy it was to find a load. I could do a little tweaking but probably will just run 53 and call it good. Think she will run these this season and see which we like better on game out of her 6.5-06
View attachment 179286
Nice groups, I would think your leaving a lot still on the table. I’m pushing the 127 LRX at 3130 out of a 260ai with 47.2g. Your extra capacity should really get that thing screaming.

Last edited:
Nice groups, I would think your leaving a lot still on the table. I’m pushing the 127 LRX at 3130 out of a 260ai with 47.2g. Your extra capacity shout really get that thing screaming.
Wife enjoys the lighter recoil. Her 140 grain Berger load was only 2830fps. Left a lot on the table but also put a lot of things on the table with little fuss

Last edited:
Wife enjoys the lighter recoil. Her 140 grain Berger load was only 2830fps. Left a lot on the table but also put a lot of things on the table with little fuss
If recoil is the issue, why shoot all that powder weight? Recoil is related to the total ejected mass. The mass of the powder is as important as the mass of the bullet. You could probably cut 15gr or more and get the same result with a .260 or 6.5CM.

But hey, results are results.

If recoil is the issue, why shoot all that powder weight? Recoil is related to the total ejected mass. The mass of the powder is as important as the mass of the bullet. You could probably cut 15gr or more and get the same result with a .260 or 6.5CM.

But hey, results are results.
I agree. Just convince my wife to give up her purple gun and let me build a new gun.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back