PEAX Equipment

Another Grizzly poached

Red Fox

Not sure what is going on around here but someone needs to get caught. This one would be hard to say they thought it was a black bear as this is a full month before season opened. I worry that people will want this area closed to bear hunting all together as people are not able to tell the two apart.

Is fishing season even open? If not, what are people doing there? Sounds like poaching pure and simple. Look for photos on Facebook.

The longer we go on without actual population management of these species the local social intolerance will keep increasing. It doesn’t take long for the fringes to decide to take care of things themselves.

That doesn’t make this right, but it also doesn’t make it surprising to me.

Shooter was probably high on the smack they put in the bear claws at the mercantile.

Edit...whoops!! Wrong Pole Bridge! :rolleyes:

The longer we go on without actual population management of these species the local social intolerance will keep increasing. It doesn’t take long for the fringes to decide to take care of things themselves.

That doesn’t make this right, but it also doesn’t make it surprising to me.
I had the same exact thought! In no way shape or form is it right, it's sad to see, but I'm not surprised. The amount of negative human bear interactions continues to climb as both bear and human populations grow. Go and look at any Wolf discussion on Facebook and read the comments, even some here. You get an overwhelming number of people from the crowd of, "only good wolf is a dead wolf". It does not surprise me that the same mentality and thought process is out there in regards to bears.

Many people in rural areas would never see Grizzlies, now it is very common and they scare people. Fear causes people to do crazy stuff......

Addicting is spot on. Government is not serving it's purpose when the actions it takes puts people's lives and livelihood in danger. That encourages vigilante behavior, which is what this sounds like to me rather than "poaching."

Addicting is spot on. Government is not serving it's purpose when the actions it takes puts people's lives and livelihood in danger. That encourages vigilante behavior, which is what this sounds like to me rather than "poaching."
The three bear that were poached in the last eight months where in the national forest not close to any ranch or farms.

I can understand that with all the attacks for the last few years people may feel like who cares. But if the states can not protect them now why federal government is not going to let them manage them. This last one they are offering 40,000 reward.

It seems like every single grizz in the lower 48 wears a government collar?
I have never seen a collared one but i see MANY with ear tags, sometimes so close its easy to read # with naked eyes. This is what happens if you dont follow 3S principles.

No kidding. Thought people knew anything less than a 454 casull was just going to piss griz off.
I read up on that caliber yesterday. It has quite a few cop killer articles. Apparently they should of made some bear killer ones too.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back