Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Another from CO

Mason326

Howdy,

One of the many Texans who ended up staying near the mountains full time. Big time flatland hunter, cut my teeth in the TX panhandle hunting all the birds there are, hogs, and both deer species. Got the big game itch last year and tagged my first muley buck on a solo backpack hunt, nothing special but I got meat in the freezer. I train hard with the pack and hunt hard out of it. Will be hunting Unit 43 3rd season elk (my partner backed out if anyone is hunting this unit/season!) and Unit 191 2nd season deer this year.

I am a wildlife biologist by trade and used to work for Texas Parks and Wildlife, currently work for a private consulting firm. I am an avid rifle hunter and spend most of the offseason tinkering with my precision rifle and training my bird dog, a golden named Birdie. My wife is a long time rifle whitetail hunter and is just picking up the bow this year. She is going to miss out on this season (she is working on the next generation of hunter, our first), but can't wait to take her out in 2017.

If anyone is ever in the Brighton/East-of-Denver areas and wants to do some small game hunting on public or meet up, PM me. I know literally four people in Colorado so far and they are all from back home!

Happy hunting~

-Mason

Welcome to Colorado! I live in Green Valley Ranch, only about 25 mins from you. I am a bird hunter myself with two labs (probably not as well trained as your pup), but we love to get out and hunt as often as we can!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back