PEAX Equipment

Catching 2nd Wind, from SW Montana

BMountaineer

Decided to register here finally. Resident of MT for last 21 years. Along the way, got the Mrs into hunting, and she has pretty much eclipsed my success......!

Last few years I've been a little grumpy about the hunt pressure, wildlife declines, public land issues - to where I thought about giving up hunting.
But after deeply thinking it through, I realize a guy should be simply happy to be alive, to be in MT, and to still climb mountains. Gotta keep it all in perspective.

So it's full steam ahead & can't wait till elk season again!

Decided to register here finally. Resident of MT for last 21 years. Along the way, got the Mrs into hunting, and she has pretty much eclipsed my success......!

Last few years I've been a little grumpy about the hunt pressure, wildlife declines, public land issues - to where I thought about giving up hunting.
But after deeply thinking it through, I realize a guy should be simply happy to be alive, to be in MT, and to still climb mountains. Gotta keep it all in perspective.

I admire the optimism.

Hell yeah, welcome!!! I get grumpy about the same things too. We’re lucky to have MT to help keep things in perspective.

I have felt the same way for a long time. I primarily have hunted the eastern half of the state except when I was in college. This past year I decided to change things up and hunt a new area (west). Gallatin county has certainly changed my perspective and outlook on hunting. Still a lot of great hunting so often overlooked.

I started getting grumpy about the status of things 21 years ago 😁🤣
But as you pointed out Montana still has more to get excited about than cry.
Good reminder. I'm always thankful to come home.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back