PEAX Equipment

Another fine quality Vortex Diamondback…

Vortex Customer service already responded.

Even gave me shipping labels etc so it would have cost nothing to send it back.

But I’d already shipped it FedEx in town. Fed ex ground is estimating 9/12 delivery date.

I was told “5-7 day turn around” so we’ll see.

My understanding is 1” vs 30mm tube VX3HD vs VX5HD respectfully
I think the three also comes in a 30 mill tube, the ones with the side focus. I could be mistaken. Mine is a 1 inch tube

I like 3HD with the caveat of knowing 5hd coatings are probably better, but not to my eyes. I assume, but can't seem to confirm, they have the same erector mechanism. Also like 30mm 3HD for arguably no reason other than a tad more elevation adjustment and purely subjective aesthetics. They also, to me, are easier to obtain my particular want for eye relief. And economy.

No way I’d ever purchase a Vortex product. I’ve read far to many stories of these failures. To each their own though.

I considered replacing it with this…

But it seems it’s just a more expensive version of what I’m getting rid of then.

I’d like to find something in that price range that has nothing to do with CDS or whatever the brand calls it I settle on.

Just a super basic scope for sub 400 yard hunting rifle for deer and maybe elk some day.
I think Leupold may be missing some of the market with a VX3HD without the CDS and a plain duplex reticle. But maybe that’s a lonely opinion too. If I was going the route of simple, reliable, affordable, I’d probably pick up a lightly used VX3I 3.5-10x40 duplex somewhere. I’ve been happy with a bunch of those on various rifles.

Just got a text from a friend that his vortex puked and he's sussing out a replacement. His rifle went from about 1.5 moa to not hitting paper overnight. The pro at the range told him he needed to use heavier bullets. Yeah bud, that's the problem, 20 grains of bullet...

There’s a $150 price difference for the VX5HD vs the VX3HD I want.

Comparing it to the shv though,…

The turrets are supposed to be much better on the night force
I have a Nightforce SHV 3-10x42. It's a great little scope, and tracks and holds zero like a champ.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back