Another fine quality Vortex Diamondback…

They might surprise you. I understand Vortex has quite a large staff working in support dept. They have to to stay on top of the volume of returns. Maybe they should reassign some of those folks to quality control? Give them a call and see if they can't ship you a replacement right now. Bet they do.

I got onto the computer instead of the phone and actually found all the forms and such and got them printed. It will be going out FedEx in the morning for warranty.

This particular scope has been on my .30-06 stevens 200 LA for like three years. If it’s got three trips to the range and 40 rounds on it, I’d be amazed

dang that sucks. When they finally get back to you they'll likely just send a new one so if you get it in the mail right away it could be only a couple weeks.

That being said maybe consider a call to Schmalts. He often has some screaming deals on Leupold products.

Judging from the rifle option and current optics you may be on a budget. Meopta Optika5 may be a good option too

Cabelas has some Zeiss V4 scopes marked down. I really like my 4-16x44 the zero stop is solid and you can use low rings to keep your cheeks weld down

I considered replacing it with this…

But it seems it’s just a more expensive version of what I’m getting rid of then.

I’m split between a Leupold VX5HD or a night force SHV for what will end up and this and the Big Horn action.

I’d like to find something in that price range that has nothing to do with CDS or whatever the brand calls it I settle on.

The Diamondback was going to be the interim scope on the Remington 700 I got from @JLS

8FAF9282-03C9-4D29-A478-0F232BBA009E.jpeg

Just a super basic scope for sub 400 yard hunting rifle for deer and maybe elk some day.

I considered replacing it with this…

But it seems it’s just a more expensive version of what I’m getting rid of then.

I’m split between a Leupold VX5HD or a night force SHV for what will end up and this and the Big Horn action.

I’d like to find something in that price range that has nothing to do with CDS or whatever the brand calls it I settle on.

The Diamondback was going to be the interim scope on the Remington 700 I got from @JLS

View attachment 238454

Just a super basic scope for sub 400 yard hunting rifle for deer and maybe elk some day.
I think those would be some great scope options, another to throw in the mix at a slightly lower price point...I won't link to respect the rules but: SWFA SS Ultralight 2.5-10x32. A couple guys I trust use that scope and I've had very good luck with zero retention on my half dozen or so other SWFA's over the years.

I still haven’t ruled out upgrading to the Nightforce for the Mesa.
What are you currently using?

All of the transition from a sub-$500 scope AND rifle to close to $2000 just for a rifle and scope SEPARATELY is kind of a huge sticker shock on me.

12ABFE86-F084-41C4-BF72-E3BEAE4A30F7.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back