Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Another Calculation...Help Please!

Still pretty sucky! I'll go out on a limb here and say your chances of drawing one are an average of both . . . so 1/7.5.

Still pretty sucky! I'll go out on a limb here and say your chances of drawing one are an average of both . . . so 1/7.5.

I thought about averaging them like that, but that seems way oversimplified, but, maybe not. Where's Tom when we need him?

As far as being "sucky," (I love that term BTW) when looking at the odds of a drawing a good elk hunt here in Washington, it's not so bad. I mean, we're talking odds from around 1 in 50 at the best, to 1 in 200, for a good bull elk hunt. Course, that is simplifying things quite a bit, because we have points here, so to figure the true odds is impossible.

WH- According to my calculations you have a little better than 1:4 chance actually about a 27% chance of drawing one tag.

Add them together..... Think about it...

If your best one is 16% on the Deer, (1 in 6), then applying for another tag will not lower your 16% chance of getting a tag on the deer. Applying for the Elk will only increase your chance of getting EITHER tag.

OK, 27% sounds like what I thought it should be. Jose it makes too much sense when you put it that way! Duh! 1 in 4 odds, of a good hunt, man I am liking those odds. I'm thinking for Oregon I may just apply for points.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back