And we are off.

mtmiller

He got out of the gate quicker than me.

Sliding into my lane.

He maintained and got me at the wire.

Awesome pictures mtmiller. Do you have the wildlife around Havre trained to take these great action shots, or do you just walk around with you camera permanently glued to your hand?
What is the penalty for driving while taking pictures in Montana anyway?

Last edited:
Nice shots like that last photo. Reminds me of most of my hunting trips seeing the tail end running away

Neat to see the still image of it in pretty much a full run on that last picture. Looks like the front left leg has just hit the ground based on the dirt flying forward in front of it and the front right leg hasn't been off the ground long based on the dirt kicking up behind it.

Those powerful hind legs just keep it pumping forward, the front legs almost seem more of a steering mechanism than anything else.

They sure can run fast.

This reminds of last year when were driving in eastern colorado. We noticed a giant dust cloud about 300 yards off the highway. Doing 70mph it took us some time to catch up to it but was a heard of about 10 lopes just going full bore parralleling the highway. What they were doing or running from I have no idea but pretty neat to see just how fast they can go

great pics, cant wait to get out there, only a month and half till I leave.....

Back