MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

And the Hits just keep on coming....WY now.

I'm assuming demand would go way up on NR generals, with low-moderate deer and elk point holders jumping out of higher point units to gens. Unless I'm thinking of this wrong.
But i wounder how that price increase will play into NRgeneral demands

Licence fees just went up significantly a couple of years ago, did they not? Is a type 4 tag really going to cost 8-900 dollars now...?
I understand the desire to do right by residents, but are things really so bad for WY residents now? Access to a WY general tag, every year seems pretty sweet. Maybe I'm just being sore because if this passes, it will probably affect the hunt I'd like to do in 2022 with my son.

i hate to say it, but as my ability to get tags outside of my own state is continually looking to be diminished everywhere i look, i'm gonna keep pressing my own state and hoping they diminish NR opportunity too.

if my ability to get tags elsewhere keeps going down, i want my resident experience to at least stay status quo, if not get better - though in the meantime i don't have high hopes for that.

And of course they release this after the deadline for elk applications. Thats the best part.

This bill is written better than the last few of its nature. I think it has good chance to pass this go round. There is a growing faction of WY residents that want more opportunity in their home state especially with opportunity decreasing and demand increasing in other states across the west. I’ve hunted WY a lot over the last decade, made some good friends there, and am pretty grateful for the hunts I’ve had. I’ll continue to hunt WY it just may be less often instead of every year.

Last edited:
Makes me want to burn all my Wyoming points for deer and pronghorn this season and be done with it TBH. Not that I blame Wyoming for wanting to cash in on the demand for these tags at all, but it is still disheartening that almost instantaneously odds for LQ hunts will be cut at least in half and general tags are going to get much harder to draw.

A lot of the appeal of out of State hunting for me is spending time in an area and getting familiar with the place. It seems like it is quickly getting to the point where a non-res will not be able to do that because they can't even hunt an area often enough to gain much first hand experience in it.

I may just concentrate on hunts closer to home along with New Mexico once I cycle through my points in a lot of these western States.

That should thrill a lot of the resident hunters that blame all their woes on the evil non-resident hunters.

$1100 just seems crazy high compared to other states, who else is in that price range Nevada?
Ya but remember when MT boosted them couple years back and everyone "to expensive" how long that last? I think they just skipped to front of line but with this demand there still inline.

Ouch. So much for taking the kid back to WY some day if this makes it through. It is great youth prices are kept low, but gosh golly I have to think after a kid turns 18 they’re priced right out of the game.

Sign of the times I guess. Really can’t imagine many small towns making it with half their annual non-residents removed.

The other part of me says good, there’s damn non residents all over the place out there. (Myself included) 😂

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back