And now a Eulogy.....

The three prongs of contemporary online discourse—heightened personal sensitivities, diminished sensitivities toward others, and the calloused loneliness that so often accompanies communicating through screens—is and will be the downfall of many great things. Will and Jason axing their accounts is a huge loss to the overall Hunt Talk landscape. I’ve considered doing the same a number of times, but the benefits of staying engaged here have outweighed any annoyance or ire felt by remaining so. Fact is there are many awesome people here. I’m grateful to have become real friends with a few of them. Our friendships will continue whether or not one (or all) of us decide to bounce from HT.

I’ll do my best to provide some hunting content here in the next couple months, such as it may be.
You sure do English good.

The three prongs of contemporary online discourse—heightened personal sensitivities, diminished sensitivities toward others, and the calloused loneliness that so often accompanies communicating through screens—is and will be the downfall of many great things. Will and Jason axing their accounts is a huge loss to the overall Hunt Talk landscape. I’ve considered doing the same a number of times, but the benefits of staying engaged here have outweighed any annoyance or ire felt by remaining so. Fact is there are many awesome people here. I’m grateful to have become real friends with a few of them. Our friendships will continue whether or not one (or all) of us decide to bounce from HT.

I’ll do my best to provide some hunting content here in the next couple months, such as it may be.
So did the ones that left lose, or the ones that caused them to leave win? I was told by a prominent member here some years ago on a different site no less, that if you can't take the BS directed to you anonymously on the internet without hurt feelings, might not be the place for you. You have to let some of the shit go. mtmuley

the whole “abandon your post” thing doesn’t seem that far fetched now, does it?
Now here we are, 15-20 middle aged, privileged white men, myself included, lost, with no leader.
1693355673266.gif

So did the ones that left lose, or the ones that caused them to leave win? I was told by a prominent member here some years ago on a different site no less, that if you can't take the BS directed to you anonymously on the internet without hurt feelings, might not be the place for you. You have to let some of the shit go. mtmuley
It might be more than tolerating BS.
Just sayin.

Can’t speak for anyone else, but I think it has more to do with being more intentional with how one spends their time. Why spend time, which feels more and more fleeting and precious the older I get, doing something that annoys you?

Can’t speak for anyone else, but I think it has more to do with being more intentional with how one spends their time. Why spend time, which feels more and more fleeting and precious the older I get, doing something that annoys you?
Fair enough. This place annoys me at times also. Not enough to let some stranger stop me from enjoying the things that don't annoy me. Everyone deals with things differently. mtmuley

i'm gonna sharpie "NOW!" on the back of my release hand.
Might as well have it tattooed. You know yer gonna forget to write at some point. And if you tie string Toblerone finger yer gonna for get what it's for.

We need to start some sort of fund or charity to bring back the lost. Maybe some gesture of good will. Something like the 'We are the World' song where all those famous people got together to sing for kids or whatever. Only, with Hunttalkers, all singing some song of hope for our missing friends return.

Does anyone want to get together in Bozeman (or elsewhere) this weekend to work on a song and then make a music video?
I'll be in bozeman for the jellyroll concert next week...will that help

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back