Americas top long-range Shooting School

I was honestly looking forward to my questions about rifle cant in relation to range being answered. I don't think that's going to happen now. Thanks . Like throwing meat into a shark tank.

Cant doesn't matter, but variance in Cant absolutely matters. It matters less at shorter ranges and with flatter shooting cartridges.

They were putting bubble levels on rifles 150 yrs ago. It's nothing new. Just something to be thoughtful about, like how you grip your rifle and what "cheek weld" means to you. Variance is more important that magnitude.

Cant doesn't matter, but variance in Cant absolutely matters. It matters less at shorter ranges and with flatter shooting cartridges.

They were putting bubble levels on rifles 150 yrs ago. It's nothing new. Just something to be thoughtful about, like how you grip your rifle and what "cheek weld" means to you. Variance is more important that magnitude.
A mentor once drilled into my pea-brain - consistency (and its kissing cousin constancy) brings precision, precision brings accuracy.

do people really pay for long range shooting schools?

Is that what this country has come to?

My buddy doesn't hunt but he likes to shoot long range. He hosts a 3-day long range shooting school, more like a class I suppose, at his farm every summer. It's actually pretty cool, the instructors are all retired military and law enforcement snipers who put it together. None of them hunt, they just shoot.

My buddy doesn't hunt but he likes to shoot long range. He hosts a 3-day long range shooting school, more like a class I suppose, at his farm every summer. It's actually pretty cool, the instructors are all retired military and law enforcement snipers who put it together. None of them hunt, they just shoot.
There are others that do as well. A gunsmith in Missouri is one that hosts classes every so often, mostly for long range muzzleloading.

I find match shooting to be very instructional in the extreme, so that's what I do, travel around to shoot matches. Great fun, learn a lot, meet interesting people. Sometimes even shoot overseas.

Shooting a steel or paper target at X00 yds is, however, not much like shooting an animal at x00 yds. A lot of people confuse the idea that if they can hit a target that far out, they can legitimately hunt that far out.

Although I do not know James and crew... If I ever go to a shooting school I would spend my money with Barbour Creek.
James unselfishly gives up a LOT of time and hard-earned experience for free, online.
A no BS, honest guy that knows his craft.

Thank you for all the videos and expertise James.

For those knocking it... long range shooting will make you a better shot whether at 100 yards or 700 yards.

Some folks love the challenge of poking holes or ringing steel at longer ranges.

Yah for sure we do. I misunderstood what @Hem was saying.
Well I don’t know what he was saying either! But I imagine if he’s making all his shots he’s got a combination of good technique and discretion, regardless of distance.

do people really pay for long range shooting schools?

Is that what this country has come to?
People pay universities a lot of money to learn less valuable information.

There are a lot of problems going on in this country, people wanting to be efficient at shooting long range isn’t one of them.

Yes there is an argument against shooting game animals at range.

Yes, OP came across the wrong way to most of us.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back