Americas top long-range Shooting School

Completely unrelated to the op's thread, but the built in electronic auto leveling feature on the Leupold VX-6HD scopes is unbelievably sloppy. It's accuracy was plus or minus 6° at best , verified with a laser. It will get you in the ballpark, but definitely use other means to get your scope mounted correctly. That's my free PSA for today.

@barbourcreek Welcome to the forum! You may already know, but I'd say the flavor of this forum is strongly DIY hunting and at as-close-of-range as possible. That being said, I enjoy long range shooting and 'up close' hunting. Without a doubt, shooting long range and messing around with PRS competitions has made me a better shot in hunting situations. Having a member with shooting/gun/ballistic knowledge is a good thing, thick skin is another plus. On the hunting side of things, what's your favorite quarry when it comes to hunting?

Completely unrelated to the op's thread, but the built in electronic auto leveling feature on the Leupold VX-6HD scopes is unbelievably sloppy. It's accuracy was plus or minus 6° at best , verified with a laser. It will get you in the ballpark, but definitely use other means to get your scope mounted correctly. That's my free PSA for today.
I've seen this feature in a couple of new scopes. Always wondered how accurate it was or if it needed to be recalibrated at some point.

I didn't know a bubble level didn't suffice in almost every circumstance!

I've seen this feature in a couple of new scopes. Always wondered how accurate it was or if it needed to be recalibrated at some point.

I didn't know a bubble level didn't suffice in almost every circumstance!
It's an internal electronic feature that makes the reticle flash red when the scope is tilted left or right. No user adjustments are provided, and it's only intended for scope mounting. This particular scope was already warranty repaired for a different issue, when I got it back I asked Leupold why that feature was so inaccurate and was told "everything was tested after the repair, and within specifications" . So there you go, It's an unnecessary gimmick cost added to the price.
I do like the glass though.

It's an internal electronic feature that makes the reticle flash red when the scope is tilted left or right. No user adjustments are provided, and it's only intended for scope mounting. This particular scope was already warranty repaired for a different issue, when I got it back I asked Leupold why that feature was so inaccurate and was told "everything was tested after the repair, and within specifications" . So there you go, It's an unnecessary gimmick cost added to the price.
I do like the glass though.
Interesting. Even mounting it off by 6 degrees is a lot.

I think one of the other ones I saw that had the feature was Revic? (maybe) I'm pretty sure it was marketed to be used as a level for shooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back