Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Am I e-scouting the right areas? Texas Public Land - White Tail Archery

BoozeyBoy

Reposted hiding exact location. You can see where I scouted last week, and I didn't see too much sign. I have a special draw hunt coming up and am a new hunter, hunting solo. Looking for some guidance on if the yellow marks would be good next spots to check. I am thinking of going in early day 1 to a spot I saw sign, then scout mid day and hopefully set up somewhere new at night. Any guidance would be appreciated! (White Tail, Texas, Archery, Tree Stand). Access is only accessible via the road way cutting through eastern half. Feel free to DM me as well!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    525.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Folks tend to be a pretty secretive bunch about their spots. Might want to make this inquiry a bit more private/general? Could be blowing up someone else’s spot, not a whole lot of public land in TX. I might even delete the coordinates and WMU name from the post, then block out the name of the WMU on the map. Folks could chime in with a spot or two just from seeing the topo map, without making this thread searchable on Google.

Are you hunting from a tree stand? I’m no master at that game, but always subscribed to the idea of looking for well used game trails, food, and an open place to shoot.

Sorry that’s not terribly helpful, but I’m sure someone will be cranky about publicizing a spot!

Folks tend to be a pretty secretive bunch about their spots. Might want to make this inquiry a bit more private/general? Could be blowing up someone else’s spot, not a whole lot of public land in TX. I might even delete the coordinates and WMU name from the post, then block out the name of the WMU on the map. Folks could chime in with a spot or two just from seeing the topo map, without making this thread searchable on Google.

Are you hunting from a tree stand? I’m no master at that game, but always subscribed to the idea of looking for well used game trails, food, and an open place to shoot.

Sorry that’s not terribly helpful, but I’m sure someone will be cranky about publicizing a spot!
Ok, I'll repost. Only 10 tags so didn't think it was going to ruin anyones weekend, good tip though.

Ok, I'll repost. Only 10 tags so didn't think it was going to ruin anyones weekend, good tip though.
Ah. Probably true in the end. Just got my spot burn hackles up. Hahaha.

Again, not a tree stand whitetail expert, but that creek bottom below the yellow pin in the upper right corner of your original post looked like possibly a good travel corridor.

Probably some OG whitetail stand hunters on here that could chime in with more solid info.

Ah. Probably true in the end. Just got my spot burn hackles up. Hahaha.

Again, not a tree stand whitetail expert, but that creek bottom below the yellow pin in the upper right corner of your original post looked like possibly a good travel corridor.

Probably some OG whitetail stand hunters on here that could chime in with more solid info.
I just re-posted trying to hide all the sensitive data. Thank you for the tip!

If it’s a refuge hunt, then scouting is worth while. If it’s on a WMA or state park, you’ll most likely be assigned a location. In that case, scouting in advance is a waste of your time.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back