Am I crazy??? Would you go? (ARGENTINA RED DEER)

Elkwhisper

Picture this..... a buddy shows up to my place for game night last Friday with an interesting offer. He says "you wanna go to Argentina to hunt stag and boar on horseback in the Andes?"

Of course I say "Sure, when?".......

And that is why I am leaving for Beunos Aries and then on to San Martin de los Andes TOMORROW!

Neither of us speak the language.... we have had 5 days to prepare... but here we go!

Oh... and did I mention this is not a "guided" hunt? We will just have a couple of ranch hands from a buddies place to pack us into the bush.

So, what is the verdict? Are we crazy? Would you go?

Yes, you are crazy... to even reconsider your decision. Opportunity of a lifetime. I hope you have a great adventure and fill tags, good luck and safe travels!

No your not crazy, but you need some forms to fill out to get any trophy's back home. You will need to file a 48 hour notice of your intent to bring anything back with the US Fish & Wildlife Service. There's some other things that your hosts will have to do. Good luck.

No your not crazy, but you need some forms to fill out to get any trophy's back home. You will need to file a 48 hour notice of your intent to bring anything back with the US Fish & Wildlife Service. There's some other things that your hosts will have to do. Good luck.
We wont be bringing anything back with us at this time.... our host will boil and hold onto any heads we want to keep and ship them to us at a later date. That said... this trip is completely about the experience, some great pictures and stories are way more important to me than horns.

Sounds like a great opportunity. Hope you can share the experience with us. A live or semi-live hunt report would be great to follow this time of year. If not, please share when you get home.

Man, that is awesome. My wife and I backpacked down there fly fishing for a couple months, and it’s a truly special part of the world. San Martin is a cool place. Lots of great food. The lamb asado we got in one of the restaurants there is still in the top five best meals I’ve ever eaten. I’m looking forward to seeing pictures of your hunt. Have fun!

I'd be in a tail spin and totally stressed out but in a good way. Sometimes it's best when these things pop up and you don't have a year to fret about all the details. Have a safe trip! Looking forward to the pics and stories.

Gotta go if you can. Sounds like an unbelievable adventure.

Sounds great if you have short notice capability. Hope you make it happen...jealous.

Rule 51
The cliche~ is that having money is about not wasting time.
But in reality, money is about facilitating spontaneity.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back