Always wanted one

My old man has a colt trooper 357, looks to be pretty much the same as the python? I love that revolver, I called dibs on it long ago.šŸ˜

If Colt would reintroduce the Anaconda, I would be tempted to part with some cash. I am a sucker for 44s.

Iā€™ve never been ā€œbittenā€ by the Python bug! It offers nothing that you couldnā€™t get from a ā€œSmithā€ with a few extra minutes of work (fitting/ polishing) during assembly and a little ā€œricherā€ blueing. IMO, itā€™s merely a ā€œstatus symbolā€.....much like some other firearms and a motorcycle brand, which I wonā€™t name! But, if thatā€™s your thing......go for it! memtb

Why? I don't know anything about Pythons, so what makes it better than a SW 629 for instance? I've always wondered what the mystique of the Python was all about.
Why do I have to explain why I want one? mtmuley

Every year I say I am going to hunt with a python in 44mag for deer, I have been saying that for 20yrs, next year I a going to hunt deer with a python in 44mag ??

I've always wanted an original python but they're too far out of my price range.

The dancing pony commands a premium.

I'm just waited Ng for the correct Anaconda to pop up. The pythons are lovely pistols though. Hopefully the retained the correct bluing procedure used in the old ones. Some of the best, deepest bluing I've see.

Hickok45 and some others have had a problem with the cylinder not revolving on the new ones. It worked fine for him and then the cylinder stopped turning and then it started working again.

In the beginning of my LE career i carried the Python and the S&W 686. I liked the both but the S&W was smoother and I shot better with it. Eventually traded the Python for a 1911 and kept the S&W. Should have kept them both.

Had one for yrs 357 cal it was a great gun carried it deer hunting many times never had the chance to use it it went when I condensed my gun cabinets I had so many gun I never used or would use any more
so I condensed to fewer but higher end guns and scopes that I do use

I figured by the title, that it was about a Creedmoor. :)

I bought a King Cobra years ago, to carry on duty. A couple years back, a friend (at that time at least) had a Python for sale, as he needed money. I bought it. He had two and was going to keep the other one. Later he sold it, too, and I wished that I had made him an offer for both of them.

I figured that I needed an Anaconda to go with the other two, so awhile back, I bought one of those at a big gun auction. I should have bought a Diamonback to go with them, but had sticker shock from the Anaconda.o_O

Back