Always wanted one

The new ones have a simplified lock work which has greatly improved them.
Only time will tell but they should be no where near as fragile as they were back in the day.

As pricey as used ones are, it makes sense.

I heard that they "improved" the trigger. Nobody had the details and I don't see it mentioned on the site. I hope they didn't try to use a different system. It's what makes a Python cool. Bank vault lock up.

I still want one in royal blue.

As pricey as used ones are, it makes sense.

I heard that they "improved" the trigger. Nobody had the details and I don't see it mentioned on the site. I hope they didn't try to use a different system. It's what makes a Python cool. Bank vault lock up.

I still want one in royal blue.
There are some pictures around the web of the guts.
They removed a dozen parts. Still has its lock up feel.
most report the trigger is better. If all goes well I’ll take my speed goat with one this year.

The new ones have a simplified lock work which has greatly improved them.
Only time will tell but they should be no where near as fragile as they were back in the day.

They weren't fragile. The hand was a wear item that needed replacement and fitting on occasion. It's a finely tuned machine.

The problem is too many people would work on a Colt and not truly understand what they were doing.

If they really changed it up, it probably shouldn't be called a Python and I'd like know what makes it worth the price tag.

They weren't fragile. The hand was a wear item that needed replacement and fitting on occasion. It's a finely tuned machine.

The problem is too many people would work on a Colt and not truly understand what they were doing.

If they really changed it up, it probably shouldn't be called a Python and I'd like know what makes it worth the price tag.

during the PPC days a common saying was...

if You want to win you need a python....if you want to finish the match you need two.

then things like Smolts (smiths with python barrels) and cougars (rugers with python barrels) were created

they were most defiantly one to come out of time very quickly when fed a diet of magnum loads

I think the cougars look pretty good...one I did several years ago.F2D1489D-A46D-4681-9D9F-C89422A4C527.jpeg

I'm not a builder, but I read quite a bit from what gunsmiths I could find before I had a gun built.

The gist I got was that the Python was fine, but required maintenance to be kept running.

I always figured it was like a 1911, if you run one, you got to keep the maintenance up on it. It won't run forever like a Glock will.

Those kind of guns were just made in a different time where guns were fitted together. It took industry to simplify it.

I'm not a builder, but I read quite a bit from what gunsmiths I could find before I had a gun built.

The gist I got was that the Python was fine, but required maintenance to be kept running.

I always figured it was like a 1911, if you run one, you got to keep the maintenance up on it. It won't run forever like a Glock will.

Those kind of guns were just made in a different time where guns were fitted together. It took industry to simplify it.
Yes they required a lot of work. Timing was the problem.
I still think they were a dead set even gun with a smith and wesson.
Only big plus I see was they had the tapered bore which helped with the lead bullets of that day.
I do not know if the new ones have the tapered bore....but it shouldn’t be needed with today’s bullets anyways.

during the PPC days a common saying was...

if You want to win you need a python....if you want to finish the match you need two.

then things like Smolts (smiths with python barrels) and cougars (rugers with python barrels) were created

they were most defiantly one to come out of time very quickly when fed a diet of magnum loads

I think the cougars look pretty good...one I did several years ago.View attachment 124505

One from years ago don by Bill Wilson. Smooth as a baby's bottom. Got better pics somewhere else.

OwSLtL4.jpg

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back