Caribou Gear Tarp

Always check your turret caps

This is exactly how I put a zero stop in my factory CDS MOA dial! Took about 15 minutes. It does limit you to about 11 MOA though.
Also I am pretty certain the factory made custom yardage dials are the same exact setup.

Can you spell this out for me in painful detail? I'm not getting how a drill and a ball bearing does anything. But I can see how a mouth breather like myself could end up with a broken scope with a ball bearing rolling around inside.

You drill a 1/16” hole in the under side of the CDS dial in whatever location you are zeroed at. The hole should be just deep enough to hold the ball bearing but leaves about 1/2 the ball exposed. Reinstall and presto!
The hardest part is getting the hole drilled in the exact location. Mine is actually setup that it goes past zero a click or 2 When it stops and then I turn back to zero.

Here you go.

Hard to tell by the fuzzy pics on that link, but I'm fairly certain I would definitely screw that up. Definitely. You may be seeing my VX3i CDS on the market and I may be placing another order w/ Schmalts in the very near future.

You won’t mess anything up. It’s just the CDS dial. Just drill the hole past the Zero on the turret and install the bearing.
You need a photobucket account to view the pics not blurry.
Maybe someone will post them for you.

Ok. I see the zero stop feature on the VX3i. It looks like the cap has a predrilled hole. Maybe I just need to find a ball bearing that fits it. Seems unusual to not include one. It also seems like it won't allow me to get all the way back to zero based on eyeballing the alignment. Both the hole and stop appear to be right at the 0 MOA and 0 degree on the scope housing. May be worth a shot. Where does one find a single 1/16" bearing?

Thanks for the help yall.

Your CDS pre drilled hole might be in the right location. Many people have said theirs were. Any local hardware store should have a small pack of 1/16” ball bearings for cheap. Install the bearing and dial your scope. You won’t get a full revolution as it will stop. Dial it back towards zero and see where it stops. If it goes past zero on the return don’t worry. It may be a few clicks past but it will stop. Then just dial it back up to zero.

I agree. I paid extra and was defeated by turret. Not the symptoms of genius.

what is your suggestion? Tape? Scope cover? Sell the CDS and go old school?

I won’t do any of those things. What brilliant solution is my mouth breathing skull missing?

He doesn't offer solutions. Just whining.

Yeah, I ordered a CDS MOA turret from Leupold and it comes with the zero stop BB. I even put in the order that I just wanted a zero stop MOA turret and if the CDS didn't come with the zero stop, not to even bother fulfilling the order. Why the original does not have this, I'll never know. But problem solved and it cost me $0.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back