Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

ALPS MOUNTAINEERING Tasmanian 2 Tent

I have the Tasmanian 3. Nice tent. I used it in weather that was in the teens with minimal snow. I'm not a 4 season tent professional but, I do like the tent. The tasmanian 3 is on Steep and Cheap for the same price as you listed. The one major draw back I didn't like was how heavy it is. But I'm definitely not taking it backpacking.

The wife and I have a Alps Mtn Zephyer -3 tent and have used the snot out of it the last 4 years. The think was a little heavy for the Appalachian Trail but worked well since I had my 130# service dog with me (and occasionally another occupant) but their tents are BOMBPROOF!
We havent even had a dog tear through the floor yet and I always have my big guy with me so its been maybe an honest couple of hundred nights that we have spent in it.
Rain storms along the AT - stayed dry.
Wind shear at 10,500' that flattened every other tent on the mountain - lots of rocks as ballast and tie offs of the guy lines and we slept through the night.
My only complaint is the weight *shrugs* but for the price and years of use I'll take that penalty.
I have a AM sleeping bag that I picked up for almost nothing on steep&cheap a year or so ago and it exactly mirrors my experiences with their tent - slightly heavy, very good price, bombproof. The same with my AM/RMEF bino harness - I keep waiting on it start fraying or come apart so I can justify the expense of an AGC upgrade but it just keeps tooling along.
-Brian

I have an alps mountaineering tent (not the same model) but it's been incredible as a car camping tent for the better part of 9 years. I've used it in downpours and in heavy snow (had to wake up and knock the snow off by kicking the walls) - but for a sub-$200 tent it's been a godsend. I did seam seal all of the interior seams at home as soon as I got it, and now the windows are starting to rip a bit, but I bet I've had at least 500 nights sleeping in that tent over the years. Their aluminum poles are bomb proof - it's been by go-to backpacking tent for really incliment weather as well. At over 6 pounds for a 3 person tent, it's not the lightest tent on the market, but I have an ultralight tent for more normal conditions.

Anyways, not sure if that's useful info or not, since my tent is a completely different and older model.

I have the Alps Lynx, it held up to Wyoming's late season weather for me. It's a 3 season, but i dealt with wind, rain, sleet and snow and never a problem.

I have the Tasmanian 3. Nice tent. I used it in weather that was in the teens with minimal snow. I'm not a 4 season tent professional but, I do like the tent. The tasmanian 3 is on Steep and Cheap for the same price as you listed. The one major draw back I didn't like was how heavy it is. But I'm definitely not taking it backpacking.
Have a taz 3 as well. Held up well in the Wyoming wind. But as stated way to heavy to haul around but for truck or base camp would be ok.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back