Caribou Gear Tarp

Raking (verb) – to really hit the ball hard, all over the park

brocksw

One thing that gets me excited is finding and buying cheap hunting stuff...and I'm raking in 2022. All-star season for sure. Sitka is gonna have me arrested.

Fleece jacket (I cut the patch off the chest for the ultimate in camo concealment)
Got this in tan 2 weeks ago for $35

2nd layer
Under $30 shipped

"Snow Camo"
White jacket for snow cover $35

Duckworth Vapor Snorkel Hoodie baselayer
Black ovis must've had a return or a small batch of Duckworth wool as I got this for 78 bucks and they can't be found anywhere.

Waders
Picked these up this fall on sale for 179.99 + free shipping. Even if I only get 2 seasons out of them, good deal. Love the big front pocket instead of all the shell loops.

Started wearing "ear bands" a couple years ago. Work great for keeping the ball cap on and hiking in cold/windy conditions when a stocking cap is too much but my ears are cold and wind-burnt.
White ear band - $3!
Green ear band - Paid waaay to much

White ball cap for $6.50 plus shipping
Rubbed this in the dirt a little to take away some of the shine.

Camo hat - $20
No free advertisements on my head

Single serve coffee - 100 packets for 35 bucks
Found these for half off in August. What a deal. Best single serve coffee packets I've tried.

67 cents a piece. GTFO

Share your hunting gear steals.

How you liking the grid fleece? I think I have 4 or 5 different ones in various stages(brand new to about shot) and that one looks nice at that price

How you liking the grid fleece? I think I have 4 or 5 different ones in various stages(brand new to about shot) and that one looks nice at that price
I have an arc teryx Delta I got on clearance somewhere a couple years ago. It's better in fit and feel, but it's not 3-4X better in performance. Not as durable as these either.

Extra 30% at the REI used gear page until 1/1. I have had pretty good luck there on outdoor footwear for myself and teenage kids. I just got my oldest a pretty nice pair of trail runners for daily wear for about 70% off retail, and they are almost as new. (You do have to be an REI member)

Extra 30% at the REI used gear page until 1/1. I have had pretty good luck there on outdoor footwear for myself and teenage kids. I just got my oldest a pretty nice pair of trail runners for daily wear for about 70% off retail, and they are almost as new. (You do have to be an REI member)
Stop that! I was going to post it after I thoroughly explored all the options

30% off store wide. A 3-9 HD is 419.97, that's pretty tough to beat. I should order another one, even though I already have an extra. Could tell my wife I'm making a custom set of binoculars. Not sure she'd buy it though.

Last edited:
Not as crazy as some of the deals in the OP or from the REI used gear shop, but I just snagged the jacket I’ve been looking for (Rab Electron Pro) for 35% off list by rolling the dice on an online retailer I’ve never used before (Bob Leisure). Got the jacket yesterday—worked out great.
For me, anything that totals 30%+ off net discounted price is a pretty good deal. 40-50% is basically paying retailer cost for soft goods, in other words, fairly difficult to reliably and consistently do better. Seems like I can get 20% off on just about anything if I look for a discount code or wait for a random sale.

I'm trying to think of something I've paid retail for in the last 10 years....can't think of much. I even schmoozed a hilleberg allak 2 for 25% off from the poor customer service lady at campsaver. Im pretty sure she got a talking to for that...especially since she threw in free 2 day shipping, and 3 of her coworkers declined to honor the same discount when I asked them. She was my lucky 4th attempt.

Last edited:
One item I'm having a hard time finding is polarfleece pants.
Mine are 25+ years old with holes in them from campfire embers/ bonfires at home.
Back then they were called PolarTec300 pants by Cabelas.

I do like Amazon's polar fleece shirts on sale now for $16

I did get a pair of Arctix mens Snow Sports Cargo Pants for winter duck hunting at Amazon that I like,
but they do not breathe as well as polarfleece pants.

My hands are too large for XL gloves, so I like these from Amazon:
XXL Nitrile Gloves
Men's Fleece-Lined Thinsulate Winter Leather Work Gloves, XXX-Large (Wells Lamont 1108)

One item I'm having a hard time finding is polarfleece pants.
Mine are 25+ years old with holes in them from campfire embers/ bonfires at home.
Back then they were called PolarTec300 pants by Cabelas.
Have you looked at swazi or natural gear fleece pants? I think they can be had for around $50. I think kings storm fleece can be had on sale for a little more than that too. I don't know much about any of these items though, as I don't wear fleece pants.

Have you looked at swazi or natural gear fleece pants? I think they can be had for around $50. I think kings storm fleece can be had on sale for a little more than that too. I don't know much about any of these items though, as I don't wear fleece pants.
Thanks for the suggestions! I looked at both of them...
Natural gear fleece pants are >$120 which is too expensive for what I am looking for...a basic polartec 300 pant
Swazi are $48, but with shipping to Montana from New Zealand, the total is > $100.
once again too expensive for a really basic polar fleece pant I'm looking for

Thanks for the suggestions! I looked at both of them...
Natural gear fleece pants are >$120 which is too expensive for what I am looking for...a basic polartec 300 pant
Swazi are $48, but with shipping to Montana from New Zealand, the total is > $100.
once again too expensive for a really basic polar fleece pant I'm looking for
Yeah, have to wait for or find a sale for sure. They had the old version on sale for 60 this year. I think Kings has some fleece pant options too that are pretty reasonably priced when on sale.

Sorry, was unaware of the Swazi shipping. Never got that far when looking at their stuff I guess.

I've got some good cheap drab/camo hoodies, blaze orange stuff etc. From this website. Lots of hats to choose from too. There is a search by color feature that can get you to Camo stuff pretty easily.
I need to order a couple. Lost my work hat last month in the wind. I like the traditional brims.
I hate wearing tubes or flat boards. I hate advertising labels too.

I'm wearing some $30 merino bases from REI today. They are as warm as my $100 Smartwool ones and have no holes after 2 years.

I agree fleece pants are hard to find.

One thing that gets me excited is finding and buying cheap hunting stuff...and I'm raking in 2022. All-star season for sure. Sitka is gonna have me arrested.

Fleece jacket (I cut the patch off the chest for the ultimate in camo concealment)
Got this in tan 2 weeks ago for $35

2nd layer
Under $30 shipped

"Snow Camo"
White jacket for snow cover $35

Duckworth Vapor Snorkel Hoodie baselayer
Black ovis must've had a return or a small batch of Duckworth wool as I got this for 78 bucks and they can't be found anywhere.

Waders
Picked these up this fall on sale for 179.99 + free shipping. Even if I only get 2 seasons out of them, good deal. Love the big front pocket instead of all the shell loops.

Started wearing "ear bands" a couple years ago. Work great for keeping the ball cap on and hiking in cold/windy conditions when a stocking cap is too much but my ears are cold and wind-burnt.
White ear band - $3!
Green ear band - Paid waaay to much

White ball cap for $6.50 plus shipping
Rubbed this in the dirt a little to take away some of the shine.

Camo hat - $20
No free advertisements on my head

Single serve coffee - 100 packets for 35 bucks
Found these for half off in August. What a deal. Best single serve coffee packets I've tried.

67 cents a piece. GTFO

Share your hunting gear steals.
how did you NOT buy the ear caps on that same etsy page. Pair with that tan fleece jacket? Talk about stylin’ when out for a stroll in the woods. LOL.

CC07E4B3-6A8A-49CE-9F91-7BA21D70028A.jpeg

78C144C1-3596-4BFB-A69C-1E337494C781.jpeg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back