Raking (verb) – to really hit the ball hard, all over the park

Last edited:
On the subject of being a walking billboard for companies, I’ve always thought of it like this:

Some folks are like a billboard in the Hollywood Hills—attractive, positive exposure, a spot that makes the company look good. Others are like a billboard over an outhouse on a littered side road behind the liquor and fireworks store in Moapa, NV—not exactly the kind of free advertising companies want. Being more of the Moapa variety myself, I don’t worry about it too much. If a hat’s on sale or I get it for free, and I like it and need one, that company or organization is getting some free (probably embarrassing) exposure.

On the subject of being a walking billboard for companies, I’ve always thought of it like this:

Some folks are like a billboard in the Hollywood Hills—attractive, positive exposure, a spot that makes the company look good. Others are like a billboard over an outhouse on a littered side road behind the liquor and fireworks store in Moapa, NV—not exactly the kind of free advertising companies want. Being more of the Moapa variety myself, I don’t worry about it too much. If a hat’s on sale or I get it for free, and I like it and need one, that company or organization is getting some free (probably embarrassing) exposure.
Hard for me find anything wrong with your perspective. I don't know what it is with me, outside of waterfowl, it's like a point of pride to not wear camo and still be successful in the field. I don't think I've ever killed an animal with my bow in camo. No clue what it even matters, but for whatever nonsensical reason, I feel proud of it. Maybe my ego is just as much of a stubborn monkey as the rest of me?

Hard for me find anything wrong with your perspective. I don't know what it is with me, outside of waterfowl, it's like a point of pride to not wear camo and still be successful in the field. I don't think I've ever killed an animal with my bow in camo. No clue what it even matters, but for whatever nonsensical reason, I feel proud of it. Maybe my ego is just as much of a stubborn monkey as the rest of me?
Based on your mule deer portfolio, whatever you’re doing is working!

I got lucky when GoHunt had their triple point sale last year. Started by buying a new Mystery Race Beartooth 80 (my horn hunter pack was tired to say the least). Then I used the points from the pack to take a couple hundred $$ off of The Seek Outside Cimmeron. Then I took those however many hundred points from the tent and got a carbon fiber tripod from Siru (glassing game changer). After that I took the points from the tripod and bought the MSR Pocket Rocket and the MSR titanium kettle. I got some smaller odds and ends after that with the remaining points I had but I wound up saving close to $1000 when it was all said and done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back