"Alone" season 9 premiere tonight May 26

Seeing more ingenuity getting around the 10 survival items rules with these participants. Last episode the guy who cut up his gaiters to make a tarp protecting chimney gasket was clever. Tonight the guy who decided to use grommets from his tarp to fashion guides for his rod was good, but the top hack award must go to the guy who dyed his hair pink and chartreuse to be used in fly fishing streamers.

Seeing more ingenuity getting around the 10 survival items rules with these participants. Last episode the guy who cut up his gaiters to make a tarp protecting chimney gasket was clever. Tonight the guy who decided to use grommets from his tarp to fashion guides for his rod was good, but the top hack award must go to the guy who dyed his hair pink and chartreuse to be used in fly fishing streamers.
Kindergarten teacher? 🤣

I understood it to be no bait fishing. And on top of that they gave the cast a measly 5 flies! What a joke. I think That was a very rediculous rule. I hope this kinda stuff doesn't continue or the show is gonna turn into survivor/naked and afraid hype stuff.

Alone season 15, we give the contestants a ruler to make sure their fish are within the slot limit and game wardens will be on site to enforce.
Yeah I love watching the show but let's get real... in a survival situation all game laws and rules would be tossed!

History channel premiere for season 9 of "Alone" is tonight.

Destination recording and watching at our house.

I really enjoy that series. How people cope with hardships. Nature, being both beautiful & brutal at times.

Here‘s an idea……start a fire on shore before you go shoulder deep in the bay (water temp stated to be 31 degrees) going after the beaver?
Thought the exact same thing. IF things went south, at least he'd have that to go back to. On the other hand, river didn't seem overly deep. I think even shoulder deep is being generous.

Ruhroh!

Tummy troubles……and not from the dude drinking unboiled Water.
He was my initial pick to go the distance..... goes to show what a minor mistake can do, but I am really curious what happened. He seemed to be doing everything right, but then again not everything is on camera when self filming.

Ruhroh!

Tummy troubles……and not from the dude drinking unboiled Water.
Growing up we drank our water straight out of the Missouri river. Literally we had a pipe with a screen over the end and pumped it probably 1/2 mile to the house. Shared the line with 2 neighbors who did the same. You knew the screen was off the pipe if small minnows started making their way through.

I don't recall any of us getting sick but we did move into town when I was in the 6th grade so my memory isn't the best on whether any of us got sick from it or not. I would guess our digestive systems were pretty robust.

Growing up we drank our water straight out of the Missouri river. Literally we had a pipe with a screen over the end and pumped it probably 1/2 mile to the house. Shared the line with 2 neighbors who did the same. You knew the screen was off the pipe if small minnows started making their way through.

I don't recall any of us getting sick but we did move into town when I was in the 6th grade so my memory isn't the best on whether any of us got sick from it or not. I would guess our digestive systems were pretty robust.
I grew up drinking lake water and also never treated water when hiking. I think you build an immunity to the bad bugs, like Mexicans do. But if you go to a new place they have different bugs that you aren’t used to.

In NZ nobody treats water, everybody just scoops it up from a crystal clear stream with a deer or tahr carcass rotting in it upstream and the shoreline covered in animal droppings.
I filtered my water or got it from a trickle coming out of the ground.

In NZ nobody treats water, everybody just scoops it up from a crystal clear stream with a deer or tahr carcass rotting in it upstream and the shoreline covered in animal droppings.
I filtered my water or got it from a trickle coming out of the ground.

I spent a little time doing a deeper dive into some “sciency” literature

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2933943/

about Giardia. This tidbit seems to show that previous exposure/infection is somewhat protective in the face of repeated exposures to the protozoa.

“A recent study in Brazilian children suggests that symptoms are less severe during re-infection, consistent with the idea that previous exposure doesn't prevent infection, but does reduce the pathology which can occur (Kohli, 2008). Additional studies in humans and animal models are, however, needed to determine what types of immune responses mediate this protection.”

Giardia is called “beaver fever” for a reason, but other animals can also be involved in the chain of transmission.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back