Caribou Gear

Alleged Shenanigans Inside FWP - awarding trophy elk tags

BenInMT

If there was a trophy elk district that was extremely desirable with very few tags, with MANY applicants, and all of the “lucky” recipients are all locals and friends with one another, do you call shenanigans? Are there any checks and balances to make sure FWP isn’t taking bribes or playing favorites with landowners and their buddies? I heard about this specific case second hand but I don’t have any reason to not believe it. If this is true I think that the whole tag lottery could be compromised. I know the HD and if any of you are on the inside or a position of power send me a private message.

Gee, I find it so hard to believe that a FWP Commission packed deliberately with landed aristocrats would be funneling trophy tags to themselves, friends, and clients. Nah, it can't be true.

If there was a trophy elk district that was extremely desirable with very few tags, with MANY applicants, and all of the “lucky” recipients are all locals and friends with one another, do you call shenanigans? Are there any checks and balances to make sure FWP isn’t taking bribes or playing favorites with landowners and their buddies? I heard about this specific case second hand but I don’t have any reason to not believe it. If this is true I think that the whole tag lottery could be compromised. I know the HD and if any of you are on the inside or a position of power send me a private message.
Spill it. mtmuley

When I lived in Colorado and was on a Colorado FB hunting page, this type of crap would come up multiple times a year. Always someone who knows someone. So stupid.

I have also had suspicions in the past about this very thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back