MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

All packed, ready to head North

T Bone

Gear is packed, the 338 is weatherproofed and shooting well. I do believe I am ready to fly to the Arctic Circle.

Can't think of anything else I need to get ready except the photo camera/batteries.

13 days and counting.

I've pretty well talked myself out of grizz as an option. I'm not that much of a bear nut to drop an extra $5k that I could be using for a sheep hunt.

Hopefully a 60" bull will find me. If I can get a good 'bou and wolf, that will be a bonus.

T-Bone, Have great luck and stay safe. Is this another go by yourself adventure or do you have company this time? JLG.

T-Bone, Boy am I jealous. Have a great time and take lots of pictures. I see you are packing a piece, are you going to take a bow?

I wonder how Paul is doing up there this year. When I talked to him last, he had come back from a fishing trip to Alaska and was gearing up for the hunting part of it. Good luck up there this year T Bone.

Thanks all. I'll be going with 3 other friends from ID.

I decided to take a rifle. This is by far the most $ I've spent on a hunt, and it's likely the only time I'll go for moose. I want to have one on the wall. If I had more time, I'd take the bow. The thought of having my stick flicker and having a bull broadside @ 100 yards would haunt me for years.

My old 30-06 would've worked fine, but instead I bought the most brutal 338 out there, so all I have to do is show the cigar sized cartridge and the moose will fall dead of fright.

Wiley, When you talkto Paul next, tell him I like the Fence he did for me :)

Hey T-bone, I get a Call from Kotter last night about 10:45 and he said "What do you want to drink ? I'm heading to warrens to Reload"

So we were over tehre untill 2 I think. MAN, Thats awesome that it only takes 3 hours to get 20 bullets ready ;)

They're heading out today to dial in the Last of the Shots. Good luck guys.

Also, Thursday when you come in We're going to have a BBQ at my place. Jsut an FYI.

T-Bone... Best of luck...Have a safe hunt and be sure to take the time to sit back and ENJOY every minute of your time in that wonderful place...

Give ol' Bullwinkle the REDASS.. hump ....

I agree with you on the humpback bears....For me, there ain't no stinkin' bruin worth 5K, but a RAM would be a different story...

Be careful and don't get ET.... :eek: ....

I'll be looking forward to your pictures and war stories when you return...

Good luck T Bone and will be waiting for the pics to show up... :)

Have fun as we all know you will... :D

Best of luck on the hunt Tyson. Bring back lots of pics for us jealous types. Have fun.

Moosie, I talked to Paul today and he is pretty excited about the upcoming Alaska hunts. He sounds confident the hunters will do well this year but of course it's not a "for sure" thing. From the sounds of it, he takes off Thursday for a month of rootin' tootin' shootin' guiding!! Good luck T Bone, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun......mixed in with a lot of hard work.

he takes off Thursday for a month of rootin' tootin' shootin' guiding!!

......I know... He still hasn't come over to do my Fence I've been trying him to get done since April :D :D

YAh, I approached Paul to build the Railing in '03 and he said he would get to it. I told him in '04 I'd really like it done... About the same time I set up the hunt for you guys. He said '05 April before bear season he'd get it done. That came and went. When he came to Warens the other night (I was there too :) ) I asked him about it and he said last Wed he'd get to it. Friday at the latest. 2 messages later stilll no reply. Once the Wood is up the rest of the rock can go on.... I feel no love :(

That being said, on the furnature, he's always come through for me and DHI. I guess it's a Give and take :p Hope the Moose hunt goes better ;)

Did you pay him yet? Man, the Arctic circle, that is so cool. Kind of a pun there, eh. Good luck, moose are hard to find a lot of. Take pictures, be safe! Moosie helped set this up, is this the place you went? That was a neat story, shoot a good one a few hundred yards from camp, pretty amazing, AK. Got any mount pictures yet Moosie?

Good luck T-Bone!!!! Pop a big'un and bring LOTS of pics back. I don't have to, mtmiller is going with me. He has the Japanese picture taking gene! ;)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back