Albino Deer - Montana

JMG

If I remember right there was an albino moose running around that area of Montana back in like 2003.
Must be something in the water :)

Shoot it so we can have a 10 page thread about the ethics of killing albino deer.

Better yet, name it, then shoot it.

It actually says in the article that the ban on hunting albinos was lifted last year and that the ban was just in a small area due to some landowners' requests. That's ok though. Reading is hard ;)

Have you guys seen pics of the pinto/piebald deer? Those guys are epic.

Attachments

• piebald.jpg
    piebald.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 600
Last edited:
It actually says in the article that the ban on hunting albinos was lifted last year and that the ban was just in a small area due to some landowners' requests. That's ok though. Reading is hard ;)

That article has been edited! when it came out this morning it specifically stated that it was illegal to shoot any deer that was >75% white...someone must have set them straight because there is no longer any mention of the percentage either.

Either way, if you are a dentist and value your practice, you might want to think twice before pulling the trigger...

In southern Wisconsin, there have been quite a few albinos running around, even a rather large buck that a young kid shot and the world was on fire over it. Kid caught some slack for it.

The crazies started a campaign. http://protectthewhitedeer.com/

The buck that was shot has a pic all the way at the bottom.

Shoot it so we can have a 10 page thread about the ethics of killing albino deer.

Better yet, name it, then shoot it.

Isn't it funny (sad) anytime an animal (nonhuman) receives a human name and is killed by a human the SHTF and with lots of knee-jerk reactions.

We have had two piebald deer that lived on my parent's farm for several years. The second one was the fawn of the first. Both were does and the first one lived to be three years old before she was killed on the road. The second one was five years old before it was hit on the road. We had multiple opportunities to kill them during hunting season, but I think everyone valued the idea that it was running around and we could see it again over actually harvesting the animal. My eight year old son actually shot the older piebalds' fawn buck for his first big game kill. I thought he showed some pretty serious restraint shooting the fawn rather than the piebald. I was pretty proud of him.

That article has been edited! when it came out this morning it specifically stated that it was illegal to shoot any deer that was >75% white...someone must have set them straight because there is no longer any mention of the percentage either.

Either way, if you are a dentist and value your practice, you might want to think twice before pulling the trigger...

That makes sense! I was so confused where all of that came from since it was right there when I read the article. I rescind my ball-busting comment.

Gerald, that's a really cool story. Sad they were both hit by cars, it's hard to imagine which is better, but I'm not sure I could pull the trigger on so unique an animal. I'd rather be able to see it on occasion as well and send all my good energy towards those animals to grow to an old and handsome age.

Too funny! The "original" article stated it was illegal . . . . which I thought was "news" to me.

I do not know if I could pull the trigger on an albino deer. So rare!

If it were a tremendous buck, maybe, Probably just shoot it with a camera.

We have at least 2 deer that I have seen photos of in the outskirts of Billings. I have yet to physically see them. But I know locations and have been looking just cause I think it would be cool to see.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back