Albino buck

I would probably shoot. That is if I could actually get myself together. I would be in such shock!! Lol.

Shoot! We used to see them fairly often in NJ where I grew up. I've never seen one that is all white like that though. Really neat.

Always heard they were bad luck. My buddies dad died in a car wreck a week after he shot one and another area guy got a cancer diagnosis after one.
Honestly we always let the piebalds around walk though the neighbors don’t. But oh well. I know other guys who shoot on sight and say they are genetically inferior.

Not sure if I believe they are bad luck or are always genetically inferior but I honestly don’t think I’d pull the trigger then likely I’d regret it when one of the neighbors got him.

Ha! Just read an article with this same buck saying it was illegal to harvest albino deer. I think the state was MN, but could be wrong. If it was legal, in a heart beat.

Illegal to shoot an albino in TN. Crazy law, but it is very specific that the deer must be totally white and have pink eyes to be considered albino.

Otherwise, I’d shoot it. I like crazy/cool/character far more than score, and I like meat even better. Would make a cool mount, pictures, and/or story

The deer in the picture is in WI, where shooting an albino or all white deer is NOT legal. I grew up in this area and have seen a handful of them over the years. They appear to be more prevalent in this particular area than anywhere else in the state probably. The local sports shop has a dandy mount of one that was not quite all white, but had a patch or two of brown on the body (piebald).

A lot of emotion gets attached to these white versions of a species almost as numerous as people in many midwestern states.

The deer in the picture is in WI, where shooting an albino or all white deer is NOT legal. I grew up in this area and have seen a handful of them over the years. They appear to be more prevalent in this particular area than anywhere else in the state probably. The local sports shop has a dandy mount of one that was not quite all white, but had a patch or two of brown on the body (piebald).

A lot of emotion gets attached to these white versions of a species almost as numerous as people in many midwestern states.
Yup here’s the link the pic is from

I wouldn't shoot it. To cool for me. I would want others to enjoy the sight. But definitely wouldn't hold it against someone if they did harvest him.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back