Alaska Blackies - Act IV

Passed this bear the first morning. Wouldn't be much of an episode if I shot the first bear we saw. Can't believe I passed that thing. He came in to 54 yards and turned broadside to get a drink. Sheesh, when I saw the footage, I really felt stupid.

View attachment 57808

One of many reasons I couldn't do what you do, I couldn't pass on a bear like that.

The Alaska bear application requires you to apply over a year in advance, correct?

Found out I have a free round trip flight to Alaska in the next year and I've been brain storming trying to come up with a plan.

The Alaska bear application requires you to apply over a year in advance, correct?

Found out I have a free round trip flight to Alaska in the next year and I've been brain storming trying to come up with a plan.

Correct. This December you can apply for either fall of 2017 or spring of 2018.

Taking a ride up the Dalton HWY and Bou hunting would be a good idea cheap way to enjoy AK. and if your in the Bou a great hunt.

Back