Alaska Black Bear - The plan has started

BigFin,

You headed to the NRA convention?

Yup. I board the plane in about five hours. Mostly catching up with sponsors Friday and Saturday. Will be at the Outdoor Channel booth on Sunday, signing my name to those hokey looking pictures they have of me.

Drop me a PM with your contact info, if you plan to be there, and I will look you up.

More pics

Here are a few more.

Attachments

• oyoa alaska 1.jpg
    oyoa alaska 1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 321
  • oyoa alaska 2.jpg
    oyoa alaska 2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 320
  • oyoa alaska 3.jpg
    oyoa alaska 3.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 320
  • oyoa alaska 4.jpg
    oyoa alaska 4.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 322
  • oyoa alaska 5.jpg
    oyoa alaska 5.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 319
  • oyoa alaska 6.jpg
    oyoa alaska 6.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 323
Southeast Alaska is scenic sensory overload. This adventure and all the photos have me wanting to have a return trip in the worst kind of way!

Big Fin sounds like an absolutely incredible experience thanks for letting all of us tag along. The pictures were awsome thanks troy lets see some more..

Great photos Fin. I've never seen weather so nice in SE AK during the spring. I'll bet we'll pay for it this fall!

Frickin AMAZING pics Troy:eek::eek:!!!

I'd been to your website long before I found this one, and your old blog too (one of the better ones - needs an update FYI!):rolleyes:

http://troybatzler.blogspot.com/2009_03_01_archive.html

I didnt put two-and-two together that you were who you were before I saw your photo-credit on here...!?

Your work is fantastic, a true pro, and OYOA is lucky to have you IMO!!

http://www.troybatzler.com/

(hope you dont mind the links to your sites)

Moe:cool:

Congrats on a Great trip!

Looks like you guys had a kickass time. Thanks for the photos.

thanks Moe.....I do need to get cranking back on the blog. I've been lazy and just update facebook from time to time instead.
We have a ton of GREAT video clips from this AK trip...just sent them off to the editor....this should be an awesome OYOA show!

Great photos!! I'm using them to tempt my wife into a SE AK trip for our 10th anniv. next year. May not try to work any hunting in on that trip, 'cause I'm taking miller to a USFS cabin for our anniversary... ;)

Perfect anniversary present for the wife!

Gives me the idea of giving a Colorado elk camp trip to my wife for our 39th, the maybe a moose or bou hunt in Alaska for our 40th. It is the thought that counts and I am pretty thoughtful.

Stunning photography, Troy. While I am Nikon shooter, what lenses do you find the most useful if you are limited to say two. I presume something along the lines of a 12-24 (I've got the Tokina 12-23 f4) and then maybe something in the 28-105 range or are you using something like the 70-200 2.8?

As far as the hunt......Sorry you didn't harvest a bear, Randy! I have so many hunts and locations I want to go on before I pass away and this is certainly one of them! A DIY black bear hunt in SE Alaska looks awesome and something never to be forgotten. If anyone wants or needs another hunter to make a trip, I'm up for it! No one in my neck of the woods has any interest in going to Alaska for bear.

Moose Hunting

Would you recommend any cabins that would have decent moost hunting nearby?

The cabins I know of are in the SE. I think that is all on a draw and open to residents only. Could be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back